The Perfect Date

Tony's POV

"Addison I-" I started. I wasn't sure how to say this. I watched as her face dropped.

"It's okay, Tony. I was too abrupt. It's okay I promise," Addison said. I could see the pain in her eyes and hear it in her voice.

"It's not okay. I'm sorry for giving you the impression that you had to be sorry about that. Because, Addison, I like you too. You're so perfect. You could go through hell and back and still look like the most beautiful person on the face of the earth. You have the most beautiful eyes that glimmer in the sunlight. You're so beautiful and I want to take our relationship further too. You're so stunning, and truly one of a kind," I spilled my guts. Addison stared at me for a minute, then her lips came crashing into mine.

As her soft lips collided with mine, fireworks exploded in my stomach. It was the best feeling. This girl is so wonderful and optimistic, I love that about her. We broke apart and stared into each others eyes.

"Your eyes are really beautiful," she said quietly. Heat rose up my face.

"So are yours," I complimented. We looked at each other until I realized that I needed to take my own advice for once.

"Go out with me? Friday night, I can take you on a boat ride," I said quickly. Addison looked at me with wide eyes.

"You're so cliche," she laughed. "So yes. I will. What time?" She asked.

"Let's say seven?" I said. Addison smiled. I placed my lips on hers again and the same feeling exploded inside of me. We broke apart and she skipped to her room.

I watched as her hair flew from side to side. She was truly magnificent.

I've liked Addison since we first met. She just captured me in that way. But me being me, I was too afraid to say anything. My last relationship ended poorly, I was left alone with nothing and my ex went off to hook up with some other guy. After that I was hesitant to get another girlfriend. After my two year relationship with my ex, I felt let down and unwanted. It was difficult for me to process, but Addi helped me come to my senses. She helped me see that I was better than her. I couldn't let one person bring me down. I live by that now. I want to spread the message of love to everyone, no matter how f*cked up your past is.

Addison's POV

I skipped upstairs trying to conceal my excitement. When I reached my room I practically busted down the door in joy.

"AVANI!" I squealed. She looked up from her makeup. "Tony asked me out!" I felt sixteen again. Avani looked up at me.

"That's so cool. I'm happy for you," she mumbled. I know things have been hard on her with Anthony and I know hearing lovey dovey sh*t wasn't going to help.

"Yeah it's whatever. Let's have a girls night!" I offered. Avani's she's widened and I saw the sparkle that was once there return.

We grabbed bean bags, popcorn and a bunch of snacks. Avani and I set up in the movie room. She grabbed her makeup and we settled down. We watched Christopher Robin the movie and I didn't know how sad Avani was until she started balling her eyes out at a sad part in the movie.

I ran over to her and wrapped my arms around Avani. She cried into my shoulder and didn't let go. When she did, she wiped her tears off her face with her sleeve.

"I-I'm sorry Addi," She choked.

"Avani, it's okay! I'm here for you. If you need to talk, I'm here," I whispered. "I'm here." I pulled Avani into another hug.

"Actually, I would like to talk about it," Avani hiccuped. I adjusted my position and straightened my back so she knew I was listening.

Then she told me the whole story, from when she and Anthony broke up, to how she can see he's getting better but she's getting worse because she still loves him. I listened intently to the whole thing, nodding and shaking my head occasionally.