6. Devil in Disguise

"Uh, guys?" The soldiers that had previously been killing the reds had finished them all off, and they now had their guns pointed to the group of boys, ready to shoot.

Suga raised his hands in submission, signaling for the younger boys to do the same. "We're human." He mouthed, although he didn't know if those creatures counted as human as well. The guns didn't drop. Suga began to panic. "Okay, everyone, just stay still. Do not make any sudden movements." Suga whispered to them. Hinata nodded along with Yamaguchi and Kageyama.

"Come out slowly! Keep your hands up!" One of the soldiers ordered in a booming voice. Suga slowly crept towards the door and began to push away the barricade. Hinata shook slightly as he helped Suga, feeling scared with their piercing gazes locked right on him. After the barricade was gone, Suga opened the door and walked out first, the others trailing after him like little ducks.

"We'll take you boys to a safe space." Another one of the soldiers spoke in an attempt to calm the boys. The soldier closest to them, who appeared to be the leader, approached the boys with a hostile, almost condescending stance.

"You can just call me Sergeant, understand?" The man said, a sinister smile playing on his lips. His gaze swiveled over all four of them, and as his eyes landed on Hinata, Hinata shrunk back, hiding himself behind the other boys.

There was something about that glint in the man's eyes, something filled with malice. The soldiers hit the ends of their guns into their backs, pushing them in front of all of them. A gun was trained on each of them, and a hopelessness fell between the air as they were forced to walk. Hinata listened carefully to the soldier's quiet conversation.

"... Do you think they'll take them? Maybe they're too young. Is there even an age limit on that stuff..." One of the soldiers said, voicing her concerns.

"... Probably. We were told they'd take anybody, just for t.." The other soldier's voice went quieter, and Hinata couldn't even strain to hear it.

"... I say we keep them for ourselves. It would be fun, ya know? To have a bunch of wimpy little kids to push around."

"... Yeah, and that gray haired one's super cute. You think he's of age yet?" One of the soldiers said. They were talking about Suga!

"... Doesn't matter... We're the soldiers here." Hinata blinked in bewilderment. Were they implying... Jesus, what the hell was going on here? Hinata shook his head, a sick feeling brewing in his stomach again. Something wasn't right. Something was very, very off about this whole thing. He looked to Suga for guidance, and the boy looked extremely uneasy. Was he listening too? Did he hear what creepy things they were saying about him?

Hinata tuned in again, hoping to catch some valuable information. "... Maybe they'll let us have some of the fun too. Who said I don't want to blow off steam by beating on some teens?" The soldier chuckled.

"... They're so fragile I'll bet they'll die with a single punch." They then laughed together. "... But maybe they will let us keep one or two as a pet. They only need one anyway. Ooh, which ones should we keep? We'll take two, maybe. We'll just say we only found the other two."

"... I say we keep that grayed haired one. And, maybe that really short one-" Hinata scowled, knowing they were discussing him now, "- That black haired one looks super intense though. The freckled one is just disposable." Yes, Kageyama does look intense. Disposable?! Yamaguchi may be a pinch server but he isn't disposable. Hinata was pretty disgusted by all of this.

"... Yeah, the short one is a little cutie. We both know Sergeant likes em' like that. More fun to completely pummel." Hinata's eyes widened and he gulped. "... It would be really easy to break that shortie's spirits and moral. Maybe we could beat some sense into him. He looks dumb, anyways." Nope. Hinata was not having this. And apparently, neither was Suga, as within a second he spun around and punched the soldier in her face, grabbing her gun while she was in a stunned trance.