Bonus Short - 5

(final chapter. Bye guys, it's been fun. Maybe I'll see you on one of my other stories)

"Bokuto, would you calm down please?" Akaashi said softly, huffing as he tried to catch up to the excited ace.

"How can I calm down when we're about to play a practice game?! It's always good to be excited!" Bokuto cheered, pumping a fist in the air. Akaashi sighed quietly, knowing Bokuto would never be calm. There was no harm in asking, though.

"Bokuto!" Kuroo shouted from his spot in the gym, grinning widely.

"Kuroo!" Bokuto called back, and the two put an arm over the other's shoulder.

"We're gonna beat you!" Kuroo snickered, and Bokuto shook his head.

"No way, in your dreams." Bokuto smiled, and they were called inside the gym to prepare for the practice game.

The game started, and Akaashi remained calm for the most part, until things started getting tense in the middle of the match. As Akaashi set the ball, all of the sudden the coach's called out to the boys, making Bokuto miss the set. "Boys, we have a problem."

The coach explained that there was a weird influx of violent outbursts, and that it wasn't safe right now. "Please be careful walking home, if you do." Nekoma's Coach said, eyebrows furrowed with worry. A panicked voice suddenly spoke through the speaker in the gym.

"Students, staff, remain calm. We are going into lockdown. Turn off all the lights, and if you're not inside a building, get inside one. Lock the doors, do not make any noise. There's several dangerous people on campus, they are exhibiting cannibalistic behavior. Sit tight until the police come."

The boy's exchanged terrified looks, unsure on how to feel about all this. Akaashi felt worry swirl in his stomach as quiet murmurs filled the gym. The coach turned the lights off, locking the gym doors and ushering all of them to the back of the gym. "Don't speak." One of the coaches hushed, and Bokuto lowered his head. Akaashi held his breath, when a loud snarling sound filled the air from outside, and someone, or rather something, began to pound on the doors. One of Akaashi's underclassmen suddenly made a run for the other door, opening it and running out in fright.

The gym erupted into a frenzied panic as people ran around, desperate to get out and away from the creatures. Akaashi yelped as someone pushed him to the floor. Bokuto helped him up, and together they shut the door, not letting anyone else leave. "You guys!" Akaashi yelled, and Bokuto offered him a baffled look. Akaashi knew it was because he never raised his voice like that. "It's not going to do us any good if we panic! We need to stay calm, and stay inside. It's too dangerous to be out there right now-"

The screams of the boy that had left the gym made Akaashi shudder in horror. Kuroo peered out the window, before falling back, his face pale as he vomited onto the gym floor. Akaashi, being curious, looked out the window.

His mouth fell open at what he saw.

The boy was torn open, blood everywhere, seeping into the grass and staining the concrete as the creature tore into him, eating his flesh. The boy's eyes were dull, dead. The way they lacked life would forever haunt Akaashi. "We're all gonna die!" Kuroo moaned in panic, clutching his stomach. Akaashi felt bile rise up his throat, before he threw up as well. He shouldn't have looked, but curiosity got the better of him.

Disgusted tears brimmed in his eyes, and he squeezed his eyes shut. They were going to die, Kuroo was right. This was insane. Cannibals? What was this, the zombie apocalypse?

The boys sat in a whimpering silence until the voice spoke over the speaker again. "I-It's over. It's over! They're everywhere!" The man screamed in a panic, when all of the sudden cries of pain echoed through the speaker, along with the sound of snarling. Akaashi felt queasy as he covered his ears, trying to drown out the sounds of agony and death.

"We have to evacuate everyone out of the gym. We can't stay here anymore," one of the coaches said nervously, and the other nodded.

"Boys, we're leaving the gym. All of you get on the bus, now. Be quick." He said hurriedly, and so the boys snuck out of the gym, hurrying onto the bus. One of the coaches took the liberty to start the bus, and began to drive away from the school and onto the highway.

All of the sudden, the car stopped, and as Akaashi stared out the window, his jaw fell at the sight.

It was chaos.