13. Face to Face

They were green. No, yellow. Well, more like grey with a yellow sheen. So emotionless.

BAM! BAM! BAM!

Hinata jumped as he realized what exactly he was staring at, yelping loud enough to wake the dead. He tripped over the body of Yamaguchi, who woke with a start as the red he had been face to face with moments before banged on the window. He breathed a sigh of relief as he realized it was on the other side of the glass.

"What the-" Yamaguchi whined, before he screamed as well, scrambling backwards as his heel slammed into Oikawa's head. The rest of the boys sprang upwards, and Sugawara, being the calmest, yelled,

"Shut up! All of you. We're safe. It's outside, we're inside." He scolded, shaking his head with disappointment.

"Yeah? Well, not for long." Iwaizumi muttered, pointing a finger at the window as the red's frantic pounding on the window resulted in a small crack, which grew with every slam of it's fists.

"Jeez, it must be really hungry." Hinata grumbled, still reeling from the shock seeing the red right after he woke up.

"Not funny!" Oikawa spoke as he poked his head out from behind Iwaizumi, whom he had previously been cowering behind. Iwaizumi rolled his eyes.

"You're such a baby sometimes, Shittykawa." Iwaizumi sighed, flicking Oikawa's head. Oikawa whined, but it was gentler than Iwaizumi usually was with him. "Wanna complain about that? I'll one up it, then, and smack you into another universe." He growled, and it effectively shut Oikawa up.

"It's literally breaking the window, how are you all so calm?" Kageyama spoke, eyes wide with panic as he grabbed one of the guns Sanyu had given them before she died.

"Right. Let's get out of here, and, Kageyama?" Sugawara grabbed onto Kageyama's sleeve as they all rushed towards the door. "We shouldn't use those guns unless we absolutely need to. They're too noisy. Plus, we need to save ammo." Kageyama nodded at this, but he still stuffed the gun into his pocket. Hinata grabbed the rest, passing one to each of them, before they all grabbed the quieter weapons.

Yamaguchi snatched one of the coats, draping it over his shoulders before they all left the meeting room. Hinata hadn't even thought about it, but Yamaguchi must have been freezing the whole night, seeing as he was only wearing a hospital gown. As they creeped towards the exit of the building, Hinata's eyes fell on Suga.

He seemed off, his shoulders oddly low and his skin deathly pale. It looked as if he hadn't slept that night at all.

"Listen up, guys, I need you to give me your full attention. You too, Oikawa." The look in Sugawara's eye was so intensely serious everyone paid absolute attention. "It seems like there's a few reds lurking around, so when we leave the building, make sure you move in swift movements, and make sure to keep out of eyesight and keep the noise to a minimum. If one spots you, dash towards the car. And if any of you start running, everyone else start running too."

"But can't they just catch up to us?" Hinata questioned, worry building inside him.

"I've noticed that although they're fast, it takes them a second to process what they're seeing. So it should buy us enough time to make a run for it." Sugawara explained, and Hinata gulped.

"O-Okay!" He clutched the red stained wood chunk in his hands so tightly he was sure he was going to get billions of splinters. A hand on his head made him look up, only to see Kageyama.

"It's okay, Hinata. You're not doing this alone, are you?" Kageyama gestured to the group. "If you... If you die we won't let them eat you." What a poor attempt at comfort. Hinata paled dramatically, his stomach lurching. Kageyama instantly noticed his mistake. "I mean, you won't die!"