26. Shadow

The horror that pumped through Hinata fueled him as he ran, down the halls, to the main area. He stared at all the unsuspecting survivors, who had no idea who was running this place. They were all in danger and they had no damn idea.

"Hinata! Hinata! What's wrong? You have bruises on your wrists." Sugawara greeted him worriedly as he ran towards them. Pale and trembling, Hinata pursed his lips.

"Suga. We have to get out of here. He's here." Hinata whispered, terror seeping in his voice.

"Who's here?" Tsukishima asked with a furrowed brow.

"Sergeant." Hinata swallowed, eyes flitting to the floor at the mere thought of the terrifying man. Suga tightened his fists, his eyes wide as he stared at the broken Hinata. He exchanged looks with the other boys, before putting a hand on Hinata's shoulder.

"Hinata, it's alright. We won't let him hurt you. Right guys?" Suga glanced at the other two boys, who each nodded. "But seriously, what happened to you?"

"I heard Doctor Sohma talking to... To him. And I listened in, and I saw in her file. You guys... Doctor Sohma created the reds. She started the apocalypse." Hinata barely whispered out, and the boy's faces each fell slack with shock.

"What...?" Kageyama murmured, shaking his head in disbelief.

"It's true. I saw it with my own eyes, she made the reds!" Hinata felt his voice start to rise, and Suga started to pace, a stressed hand on his forehead.

"Oh my god. Fuck. Fuck!" Suga squeezed his eyes shut for a few moments. It seemed each of the boys were having trouble processing this. Their lives were ruined because of her. Because of Doctor Sohma. Yamaguchi was dead because of her. Daichi was dead because of her. Natsu was dead because of her. They were all dead, because of her.

"We have to leave," Hinata gulped looking around at everyone. "We have to leave." He repeated thickly, shaking his head as if he himself didn't quite believe their circumstances.

"Hinata, have you seen Kinoshita around?" Sugawara questioned softly, and Hinata shook his head, dread balling in his stomach with a persistent twisting.

"But I heard Doctor Sohma say something about doing testing on someone named Kinoshita. I wasn't sure, but-"

"I'm going to find Kinoshita. You guys stay safe, alright? We have no idea how dangerous it is now with Sergeant here." Suga said lowly, and Hinata shivered at the name. As the gray haired setter walked away, Hinata tugged on his sleeve.

"Suga. Please, take care of yourself. And make sure you come back before we leave, alright? We couldn't take it if something happened to you. We need you," Hinata mumbled out, and Suga smiled, an almost anxiousness playing on his lips.

"Hinata, I'll be fine. Worry about yourselves. I'll see you, okay?" Suga spoke in a soothing voice, and Hinata nodded, exhaling forcefully.

"See you, Suga." Hinata muttered, before wrapping his arms around the boy. Suga rested his hands on Hinata's back, and when he drew away, Hinata could spot the fear in his eyes. Tsukishima, Kageyama, and Hinata all waved at Suga as he flashed them one last comforting smile before slipping away.

"I hope he'll be okay," Kageyama's voice wobbled, and Hinata pressed his lips into a thin line.

"He'll come back to us." Hinata mumbled unsurely, hoping in the back of his mind that that was the truth. "I have to go, though, guys. I need to speak to Kenma." Hinata took a step forward, before walking away, to where Nekoma resided.

"Hey, Hinata!" Lev smiled cheerfully, clapping him on the back. Hinata rubbed his stinging shoulder, and the stony look on his face caused Lev's smile to fall.