12. Safe and Secure

"Weapons?" Date's voice faltered, her face screwed with nerves.

"Yes, weapons. Yachi has a knife but the rest of us need something. How else can we secure this place? We need weapons." Daichi confirmed, eyes dropping to Yachi's blade. It wasn't very big, but it would do.

"Weapons? Where would we find those?" Kinoshita seemed genuinely confused.

"The shed." Tsukishima supplied, and Daichi nodded.

"Baseball bats, rakes, saws, that shed has a lot of that stuff." Yachi added, and Daichi frowned, his excitement cutting off.

"How will we get in? They lock it after school gets out." Daichi muttered to himself, before his expression lit up again. "We can just knock the door open if it's locked."

And so their plan launched into action, and the small group started the short trek to the shed. Daichi knew it was somewhere left of the locker room, which was right next to the gym. He led the group, Yachi's knife in hand as he did so.

Finally, they found the shed without much complications. But as he tried to slide it open, it wouldn't budge.

"Locked." He sighed. He had hoped it wouldn't come to this. They had to bust the door down. He screwed his face up in concentration. Daichi tried again to open the door, frustration taking root in his mind. "God damnit." He muttered, kicking the door harshly.

"Go away! Go away you creatures!" An ever so familiar voice yowled from within the shed. Daichi's hand slipped off the handle, jaw growing slack. He knew that voice.

"Shut the hell up, you bald bitch. You're just gonna make them stay even longer." Another recognizable voice, and even despite the whole situation it was airy with humor.

"Guys, it's me, Daichi! Open the shed." Daichi called out, hoping they would believe him and just open the door.

"Oh my god.. did Daichi turn into one of those creatures?" Yet another voice he would know anywhere!

"Wait... The creatures can't speak. At least I don't think so." Right after that, the shed door slid open with ease, revealing four very familiar boys. Standing smack dab at the doorway was a short boy. Behind him was a familiar boy with a shaved head and a mean look, and a tall, intimidating guy that Daichi knew was really just a teddy bear inside. Another shaved head peeked out, this one with a much softer look.

"Hey, Daichi. Long time no see!" Tanaka grinned cheesily and welcomed them inside as Nishinoya ran towards Tsukishima, tugging him down to his level to give him a noogie.

"Get off." Tsukishima muttered, but Daichi detected a hint of affection hidden in the stone cold expression. Noya ignored his request, anyway, giggling as he ruffled the blonde's hair before shoving him back up to his normal towering height. Asahi gave a small smile, his hair surprisingly down. The only one of them that appeared serious was Narita.

"What are you guys doing in here, anyway?" Kinoshita asked what was on all of their minds.

"Hiding from the apocalypse." Noya replied breezily, examining his thumb as he picked at the cuticles. "Where's the rest of the team, anyways? And who's this chick?" Noya pointed at Date, who shrank back even though she was taller than him.

Daichi's heart sank after his momentary happiness could no longer keep him afloat.

"We actually don't know where they are." Daichi mumbled his answer, scraping the dust on the floor with his heel.

"And the girl's name is Date Emiko." Yachi slipped in.

"What about Kiyoko?" Tanaka asked eagerly, looking like a puppy waiting for a treat.