Bonus Short - 3

Tendou absolutely terrified Goshiki. No, it wasn't because he looked strange. It was because after murdering someone they had played games against, he didn't seem to even so much as regret it. Ushijima's face was unreadable, as if he didn't care that Tendou had killed Daichi, either.

He had given the order, after all. He told Goshiki to shoot too, but he didn't think he would have been able to shoot those frightened and trembling boys, anyways. Not with the look of horror they all had, especially in that short boy's eyes. What was his name again? Hinata, was it? He had that incredible jump. Goshiki used to be envious of him, back when the world wasn't over, or when walkers weren't everywhere.

"Goshiki, pass me a granola bar." Tendou's voice was gritty as he spoke, and, out of fear, Goshiki handed him the only one he had left. A bit of hopelessness circled inside him as he watched the boy take a bite into the chocolate covered bar. He was saving that for later. Oh well.

"Goshiki, would you like to explain why you didn't shoot when I asked?", Ushijima said, voice low with a threat. Goshiki began to tremble, straightening his back.

"I-I'm sorry, sir! But nothing bad happened. They didn't attack us or anything." Goshiki stuttered, wondering in the back of his mind why Ushijima wanted them dead to begin with.

"Just listen to me next time." Ushijima growled, and Goshiki nodded rapidly. As they entered Shiratorizawa Academy's main building, they were immediately greeted by Semi.

"Did you guys find anything?" Semi questioned, taking their guns and putting them in the communal box.

"We found a case of water, and some vegetables. We kind of hit the veggie jackpot, there was a garden in one of the local parks. It was full of edible stuff." Tendou relayed what they had found.

"Goshiki, I want you and Tendou to go put the vegetables in the cafeteria." Ushijima ordered, and the two boys saluted, Tendou hauling a bag over his shoulder. Goshiki picked up the other bag, exhaling loudly as he struggled to lift it up.

"Just follow me, weakling." Tendou's lips stretched in a slight smile, and so Goshiki listened. They walked outside of the building, making their way to the cafeteria.

"Tendou. Why did you do it?" Goshiki whispered out, and Tendou suddenly stopped in his tracks.

"Do what?" Tendou asked, but it was obvious he knew what Goshiki was asking.

"Why did you shoot Daichi." Goshiki's voice hardened, trying to remain calm and strong.

"Ushiwaka told me to." Goshiki's eyes widened as he heard the firey red haired boy's voice waver. It was slight, but it was there. Maybe Tendou did feel remorseful after all.

"You scared of him too, huh?" Goshiki sighed, and Tendou narrowed his eyes at him.

"I'm not scared of Ushiwaka." Tendou said slowly, and he began to walk again, so Goshiki followed suit.

"Then why?"

"Because he's my friend. I know he does things for a good reason, although he's not always the sharpest tool in the shed." Tendou's voice was wistful, his eyes caught on the star filled sky. The stars shined so bright, unaware of the apocalypse below them. They were beautiful. Goshiki stared in awe at the stars, wondering if those Karasuno boys could also see the beautiful night. He hoped they could forgive them for Daichi.

Although that boy with the freckles, he looked really messed up. Perhaps he would die soon, too. "Tendou, can you open the door?" Goshiki asked in a quiet voice, and Tendou nodded, sliding the cafeteria door open, then shutting it behind them.

"Hey guys, you get a lot of food?" Shirabu questioned, his fingers grabbing right onto the handle of his gun.

"Yeah, actually." Tendou spoke, handing him the bags. Shirabu shoved them in the big fridges. "I don't understand how you can stand keeping watch over the cafeteria. So boring."

"It's whatever," Shirabu shrugged, and Tendou waved, his bandaged fingers curled slightly.

"We'll be going now, see ya around Shirabu." Tendou said smoothly, and they began on their way back to the main building.

"Tendou, do you feel guilty?" Goshiki asked in a soft voice. Tendou's muscles went rigid, and he stopped walking, flopping down on the grass.

"No, I..." Tendou wiped at his eyes, sniffling quietly. "I do." He managed out, his voice shaking. Goshiki pursed his lips, not being able to empathize with him. He hadn't killed a single person the entire time, only the walkers. Unless those counted.

So Goshiki couldn't imagine how Tendou felt. "I'm sorry, Tendou." Goshiki said awkwardly, and Tendou chuckled through his tears.

"It's fine. It's not like I can change it, now." Tendou bit his lip as he stared at the night sky. He was right.

Sometimes we do things we regret, but we can't go back in time and fix it.

That is just the way life works.