Chapter 2: Fanny, The Expert Wingman

Lesley

I stood firm on the ground, glimpsing at the huge castle. I'm at the Moniyan Empire, and this place fascinates me. And it's my dream to come here and to be a soldier too, and to meet the rulers of this empire.

An orange-haired woman holding a pair of swords caught my sight, and I called her.

"Uhmm, miss—"

"Fanny, call me Fanny. One of the defenders of the Moniyan Empire, also one of the Lightborn Defenders!" Fanny let out a genuine smile, then raised her sword as her poise.

I smiled back, "I'm Lesley Vance, it's nice too meet you. Do you know how can I apply as a soldier?" Fanny froze, then she glanced at my sniper and my grenade attached to my hips, her eyes widen, I wonder why.

I feel nervous, did I do something wrong?

"Gasp! How amazing! The famous black sniper has come. Come, come! It'll be easy!" Fanny said in a cheerful voice. I think she was happy that someone's applying.

As we stepped inside the palace, I can't help but to drop my jaw in awe, "How beautiful," I commented.

Fanny chuckled, "It is, hehe."

The statues, the chandeliers, those knights, made me feel like I'm in a different era.

As we're walking past the entrance, there we saw a huge man, holding a large shield, and a wide sword, his hair was long, and I think he is one of the high ranked soldiers in this empire.

"Brother! Look what I've got!" Fanny shouted. Oh, so it's Fanny's brother, but they aren't look a like...

"Fanny, how many times do I have to tell you not to shout!" His brother scolded her, I laughed mentally.

"Sorry, I got a little carried away, hehe. The Black Sniper is here!" Fanny turned around gracefully, and let out a wide smile, then I saw his brother, his eyes widen.

"Legend has it, Harith has a friend, his speciality is a mage too, his friend loves to trick people with his magic hat and throwing some cards that deals massive damage to enemies too, and a Black Sniper that follows his friend everywhere he follows, but it never shows up. By the way, I'm Tigreal." I silently gasped.