Chapter 4: A Fragment of Her Past

Lesley

FLASHBACK:

It was rainy day, when I visited the Paxley household. Funny that I prefer to come at twelve o'clock, at midnight. He doesn't know that I would be coming here, for a surprise visit. It's been a month since we last met, a month before my birthday. And now, it's December 24.

I hope he still knows it's my birthday today. I sighed.

As I stood in front of the large door, I pushed the doorbell.

Yet, no one answered.

I kept pushing the doorbell, over and over again... Still, no one opened the door.

Somehow I felt nervous and I panicked, thinking about Gusion and his whereabouts, since we're together but not officially, I tried to strengthen my guts to barge in.

To my surprise, the door wasn't locked. I continued inside, and there's really no one in here.

But my mind kept telling me there is, to be honest, right now... I really feel something wrong and it tells me not to continue this.

But still, I've made up my mind, I really need to find him.

I looked around the living room, the kitchen, and the dining hall. Still, there's no sign of Gusion. The sound of my heartbeat grew louder and I can now hear it, and it beats so fast that it made me feel sweaty and at the same time, nervous.

I nervously walked upstairs, as I reached to the second floor, I heard a loud, unusual noise. A loud thud, my eyes widen.

I knew someone is in here!

But who could that be?

As I slowly walked closer, I took my sniper from my holster, I don't want to be caught off guard. The loud sound grew as I walked closer.

As I reached in front of a door, the loud sound was now clear. Now that I clearly heard the sound...

I cupped my mouth with my palm.

I hear someone moaning...

From what?

I really had a bad feeling right now, my heart races faster! As I realized that my knees were trembling, my hands were shaking, and something in my chest that made me breathe heavily.

I felt my heart ache badly as I heard someone spoke, it was a voice of a woman.

"G-Gusion, m-move faster,"