Chapter 22: The Lineal Descendant

Lesley

I yawned and I found myself waking up at Fanny's room... as I glanced at the window pain, the sky's wasn't dark as it seems. It's now dawn, after an hour, the sun's about to rise... my eyes roamed around her room.

How the hell did I got here?! Did George carried me back to the palace? I think that's impossible for him to get in since he's no longer a Paxley, and he would be considered as an outsider.

The last thing I knew is that I fell asleep on his shoulder. I heard someone snoring loudly beside me, it was Fanny. She was sleeping peacefully, she must've been tired a while ago, well... she was the most energized one!

I slowly stood up from the bed, as I damp my head with my hand, the hat that my grandmother gave me, was missing. I tried to roam my eyes around and there I saw my hat, on Fanny's small table. I went there immediately and took it, and placed it on my head. And I felt like there's one more missing... damn.

It's my rifle!

Oh no, I left it near the village's square a while ago... what am I gonna do?!

I took my boots beside the door and quickly wear it, I was about to open the door when I squinted my eyes and found out that it was my rifle, that was placed on the small table near the window pane, as I carefully took the rifle, there I saw a small piece of paper attached to it. It's a letter, as I opened the letter, it says:

Miss Vance,

            You left your rifle in the woods, I decided to improvise it with a little bit of magic, hopefully, it helps.

Yours Truly,
George

I can feel my eyes getting watery as I saw the name George. Out of the blue, I smiled. I quickly wiped the tears away from my face, took a deep breath, and hid the letter inside my pocket.

I quietly exited her room, and I carefully closed the door. After that, I hastily ran outside the corridor and went down the hallway, there I saw the other chevaliers, Tigreal, Alucard, and Granger.

Base on their looks and expressions, it looks like they're talking about something. Except for Granger who had his usual, stoic face. I was about to camouflage and hide behind the pillar when Alucard noticed my presence and called me. "Hey, Les! We're just talking about the upcoming training today," Said Alucard as he motioned me to come. I then went to their spot, remaining silent.