Chapter 18: The Return of Prince Aurelius III

Lesley

Now that we reached at the entrance of the palace, there we saw Fanny at the hallway, with her Lightborn outfit... as her gaze went to us, Granger quickly let go of my hand and distance himself from me a little bit which made me surprised.

Fanny ran to our direction with a bright smile, "Oh, you're here, Lesley! And-oh! Granger was here with you too, huh. Let me guess, he fetched you from your house, huh." Said Fanny with a smirk on her face.

I looked at her nervously and nodded, "Well, yeah—"

"May I know if there's something uh... sweet happened between you two, like kissing in the dark or holding hands?" Said Fanny. My eyes widen as she mentioned holding hands. I quickly shook my head, and pouted.

The thought of Granger and I holding hands, makes my cheeks fluster, and I can feel my knees tremble, so as my hands. But, what if we... kissed?

Maybe this will be the death of me, oh Gord...

"H-Hey! N-Nothing has happened between Granger and I, he just came to fetch me up. No holding hands, and no kissing in the dark!" I stuttered as I raised my arms and made an 'X' sign. Fanny squinted her eyes and slowly nodded.

"I'm kinda... disappointed, Lesley." Fanny huffed and pouted like a kid, she was expecting that something will happen between Granger and—or I must've been in denial when she mentioned the holding hands even though what she said is true!

Is it bad that I'm denying something? Or what?

"By the way, Les. The winter festival will start after the welcome party of our dear prince," Fanny added as she beamed at me, well... I was kinda excited for the festival since I know it's going to be a lot of fun.

But I need to not let my guard down anytime, the thought of grandma giving me a warning made me feel nervous. I sighed at that thought.

"Are you okay, Les?" I snapped out of my thoughts as Fanny asked that made me flinched, I nonchalantly nodded, "Yup, I'm okay." I answered and reassured her as I gave her a thumbs up.

"Oh, by the way... you look like a general in your outfit, and you look really awesome!" Fanny squealed, jumping in joy. She held my wrist and dragged me outside the palace, and it leads us to the garden.

As we reached to the garden, there I saw a large stage, the tables for the guests, Harith and Alucard were helping the chambersmaid and the butlers to set up and decorate which I found it very heartwarming to see. "Let's help them, Fanny." I said as I tugged her wrist.

She shook her head, "Nah, I'm getting lazy right now, and you're staying here with me." She pouted and furrowed her eyebrows, I can't imagine that Fanny can be lazy too sometimes.

We sat at the bench watching them decorate for the welcome party, "The princess sure made an effort only for his brother, she really loves him... a lot. It took us a decade just to bring him back." Said Fanny as she stared at nothingness.

"I feel happy, Les. Seeing everyone happy makes me happy too," She added and giggled.

I looked at her and giggled, "You know what, you're awesome. Maybe I'll help you find your match too." I lowered my voice, then wriggle my eyebrows, making her shocked. She shook her head in disbelief, "Me? A match? Haha! No way. I-I'm not that i-interested." Said Fanny as she crossed her arms and pouted.