PROLOGUE

A/N: Here's the first illustration I made in this prologue. Hope you guys like it, thanks! And same goes to the upcoming chapters, there will be illustrations, hehe.

PROLOGUE

"M-Mother?" Lesley woke up, her vision was a bit blurry, but seconds passes, it became clear. Only to find herself lying on the cold floor. She felt her left eye empty, and it made her cried in pain, as she remembered her left eye was gouged out by a mysterious man, and he was about to gouge her right eye, when her father shot him on his chest.

Beside her was the cold corpse of her mother, her mother's eyes were still open. Lesley was shocked at what she saw, her knees were trembling. Her head ache a little, she flinched. She realized she was shot by a gun in her head. But luckily, she survived.

And it's impossible for a child like her to survive at this state, her left eye was gouged, and a bullet in her head.

"M-Mother, please... Stay with me," Lesley held her mother's cold hands as she put its palm on her face, she can't stop her tears from rolling down,  and she realized she was crying out of blood, from her left eye. Never in her life expected this to happen.

She was talking to her mother, how much she will be going to miss her, "Mother, I-I can't bear to see you like this... I can't live alone, I would rather die here with you." Lesley continued to cried, and her eye caught her father lying on the staircase, dead.

She went to the staircase to see her father, who was still breathing. "Lesley, I am really sorry I failed protecting you and your mom. Please, forgive me," Her father's voice went soft, crying softly as Lesley wiped his tears away.

"F-Father, please stay with me. Don't leave me alone," Lesley mumbled, still crying. She felt her heart ache, and for her is was a big torture!

"I can't live long enough, dear. I'm sorry, I called someone to take care of you and they should be here any minute," He said as he patted her head.

"B-But what about you, Father?" Lesley asked him teary-eyed, her Father forced a smile, "I'm alright, dear. We'll be safe in God's hands now,"

"And there's one thing, I will now give you my rifle. You will be needing it someday, my dear." Her father used his whole strength, just to take his rifle beside him, and he gave it to Lesley which she received it wholeheartedly.

"Father, please don't leave me," Lesley said as she saw her father slowly closed his eyes which made her cry even more.

"Mother, Father, I love you." She mumbled to herself, sho stood up and took her father's rifle, which is the only thing left from her family.

"I'll avenge you someday, mother, father. I'LL AVENGE YOU, SOMEDAY!" She screamed, and continued to cry in despair. All of her memories with her parents flashed into her mind, tears unwillingly flowed down from her eyes, until she realized she was soaked up in tears, she fainted.

-

Lesley began to wake, slowly opened her eyes, as she saw an aged man and a woman, carrying a baby, "Honey, are you alright?" A woman asked.

Lesley tilted her head, "W-Where am I?" She asked them, the woman welcomed her with a warm smile.

"From now on, you will be a part of our family, we found you lying on the floor, you're still breathing yet, you're unconscious. What's your name, dear?" She asked, as Lesley put her palms together, looking down in sadness.

"My name is Lesley," She answered, still looking down.

"Now, your name wil be Lesley Vance. Welcome to our family!" The man welcomed here, and gave her a hug.

"We've found that you've been shot in the head, and your left eye was lost... luckily, you were still alive, it's a miracle, dear. You've been in coma for a month. But now, it's about time for you to live happily." The woman said, as she gave her a hug, Lesley cried as she hugged back. She convinced herself that she would be happy by having a real family that would treat her like their real daughter.

***

Live happily, huh.

Funny how fate played my life, I ended up into something worst.

Heartbreaks, misfortunes, that I deserved. Every decisions I made, always comes with consequences and sacrifices which I have to face, and I always ended up with a painful ending.

But now, I hope my decisions would lead me to the right path to the point I'm hoping that I need to live without worries.

I wanted to be free, even just for once.

My decision was, is to step outside the darkness, where I could no longer hide anymore...

Which is the only way.

-

Title: Enigmatic Love (A Love Story of Granger and Lesley)
Date Started: 04/25/20
Date Ended: