Chapter 28: Afraid

Chapter 28: Afraid

Third Person

It's been a week since they last fought the serpent, the two people who were Lesley and the prince, were still unconscious. . . which made everyone felt worried and restless. The dull atmosphere filled the clinic, Granger was now waiting for Lesley to wake up. His gaze were at her face, his eyes seemed to be emotionless but God knows how much this man is worried for her.

"Damn, when will you ever wake up, Miss Vance?" He asked as he buried his face on the soft, white blanket. And as for the prince, Fanny did the job to take care of the prince, while secretly watching and squealing mentally at Granger's unusual actions towards Lesley.

Fanny tried her best not to squeal, she then took a deep breath and warmly smiled at them. She glanced at the unconscious prince and snickered, "See that?" she secretly pointed at Lesley, and Granger sitting beside the bed.

"Now you know who the winner is," She added as she stifle a chuckle and sighed. 'I think I need to see the princess,'

Fanny then stood up from the stool and softly poked Granger's shoulders, "I'll be right back, I need to talk to the princess." Said Fanny, then Granger nodded in reply.

As Fanny left the clinic, Granger let out a deep sigh, silence filled the place, only the sound of the clock ticking can be heard. It's always been like this after the incident happened, and it felt usual for him. He never got bored, even though he felt tired.

As his head was buried on the blanket, he put his arms around Lesley, cuddling her. Well, that's what he always does when no one is around, especially the noisy orange-haired woman, Fanny.

His eyes were now shutting down, his body felt weak, and his body almost giving up, not until he heard a soft voice, whispering. . .

"Don't worry, I'm fine now, Granger."

His half-closed eyes were now wide open, his heart was racing as he felt someone stroking his hair, the voice made him feel wide awake and it's like he drank a gallon of coffee, it's the unknown feeling that he never felt before. 'Lesley,' He thought as he gave her a longing look.

Granger remained silent, not until he quickly pulled Lesley in his arms and gave her a warm hug, which made the sniper lady surprised by his actions. "G-Granger," She stuttered, but he didn't respond. Lesley took a deep breath as she slowly wrapped her arms around him, hugging him really tight.

"You have no idea how worried I am, Miss Vance," Oh, how she missed his deep voice which always made her feel calm, and soothes her soul. She chuckled as her hand roamed to his head, caressing his hair.

"Geez, I'm fine now," Lesley said as she smiled at him radiantly. The smile that she gave, made his heart melt.

It's the look that he has been longing to see. . .

Her smile.