Chapter 16: The Dream

Lesley

I groaned and sat up from the bed, I looked at the grandfather clock at the right side of my bed and it's now six o'clock in the morning! "Woah, since when did I wake up this late...?" I muttered to myself, as I raised my arms in the air and gave myself a nice stretch for a good start.

Well yes, for me, waking up at six in the morning is kinda late. I usually wake up at four o'clock in the morning, and the first thing I do is to make some coffee and have a sip to make me feel refreshed and energized.

At this hour, I still have time to clean up the house.

Here's a fact, I didn't own this house, even my relatives or the Vance's. I just... can't remember when and how it happened. Since no one claims this house, I grab the opportunity to own it.

I stood up from the bed and walked to the closet and changed my outfit, wearing the usual blue jacket and my black trousers, and braided my hair.

After that, I went downstairs and headed to the living room. As I reached to my destination, I scanned the living room and saw the furnitures were covered in dust.

"I left the house only for three days and now it's covered with dust that easily...?" I mumbled as I took the broom and the dustpan beside the staircase and started to clean the whole living room.

After I finished cleaning the living room, I headed upstairs to my bedroom, as I walked upstairs, I can feel my sweat rolling down from my forehead, "I only cleaned the living room yet I feel so tired," I mumbled to myself as I reached to the second floor and walked to my bedroom.

As I opened the door, I quickly sat on the bed and catching my breath. I glanced at the drawer, and I feel like there's something inside it. I haven't check the drawer for a very long time.

I sat near the drawer and opened it, there I saw a piece of old paper, in a shade of light brown and based from the texture, it was really old. As I took the paper from the drawer, I realized this was a letter.

As I read it, I chuckled as I saw the beautiful handwriting, but what made me froze as I saw name in there:

     Miss Lesley Vance, I am really sorry for leaving you, and this will be our last meeting. I am really happy even though we've only been together for almost one week. This is one of my first best memories I had with you, I know you don't remember me anymore, and there's a reason for that. By the way, in the next few years, our paths will cross again, I am sure of it.

Yours Truly,
Unknown

Unknown? Have I met that person somewhere? And that one week, I don't remember being with someone for just a week.

Gusion? Nah, it's impossible. He never calls me Miss Lesley Vance, he prefers to call me by my first name, and he doesn't like to write a letter that long.