Chapter 17: Intertwined

Lesley

I can't believe that my past appeared in my dreams, especially George, still wondering what happened to him. The last thing I know before I fainted, something exploded that turned into a light and covered the darkness within inside the deep forest.

And I forgot what happened next after I regained my consciousness back then. I sighed at the thought, as I kept trying to remember the next thing that has happened to me.

I winced in pain as I felt my head ache, "Ow," I hissed. I massage the temples of my head and took a deep breath, and then, I decided to make my way to the palace.

I exited my bedroom, walked through the corridors, and reavhed the staircase. While I was walking down the stairs, there I heard the doorbell rang. I then walked in a fast paced, as I reached on the ground floor, I hurriedly went to the main entrance and opened the door. And to my surprise,

It's Granger, in his so-called Lightborn outfit.

He looked more handsome with his outfit, even in the dark, he shoved his hair as he gazed at me with his emotionless eyes.

To be honest, with his devilishly handsome face, he's gonna make me drool like an idiot.

I snapped out from my useless thoughts and quickly shook my head. I gazed up at him, and gave him a mischievous smile.

"Mister Overrider, what a surprise to see you here." I said as I poked his torso and laughed half-heartedly, I thought he was going to laugh with me... instead, he looked at me from head to toe, raised his right arm and gave me a salute.

What the Gord was that?

"Lieutenant General Rousseau, reporting for duty!" He said in a full, deep voice, and then I stared at him wide-eyed! Seconds passed, we snorted with laughter and he then broke the funny moment we had, "Got somewhere to be, General Vance?" His funny face returned to its usual, stoic expression.

I looked at him with confusion, "First is Miss Vance, and now, you're calling me General Vance... seriously?! And you're a chevalier, not a lieutenant." I said as I cocked my head to my right side and laughed.

"Your outfit tells the truth, General Vance. And by the way, I was just kidding," Granger answered as he lowered his voice. I looked at myself and the badge upon my shoulder. Damn, I almost forgot about that.

I heaved a sigh, "When will you ever stop calling me by my last name?" I asked as I closed the door and hid the key underneath the grass-looking mat.

"I'll never stop calling you that. Shall we?" Granger took a step backwards and lend his hand in front of me, I looked at his piercing eyes that glowed in the dark which made me feel flustered and I found it really attractive, for short he makes me hypnotized by his charm, no joke.

I gladly accepted it as I reached out for his hand, and walked through the forest with our hands intertwined. While walking, I can feel myself flushing furiously, I hid my face underneath my hair and asked, "Why are we... holding hands?" A hint of awkwardness showed in my voice.