Chapter 29: The Trip to Moonlit Forest [1]

Lesley

I sat at the edge of the bed as I dusted myself up, facing the unconscious prince. I really can't believe what Granger told me a while ago, like-oh, Gord. . . you're overreacting, Les. It's normal that everyone's afraid to lose one another, damn.

I glanced at Prince Aurelius and sighed as I felt bored, and at the same time, worried about the prince's condition. My eyes roamed around the clinic, the scent of isopropyl alcohol lingers around me.

I was about to stand up from the bed when the door opened, and there I saw Granger stood, holding a tray of food and a glass of a mango juice. . . and it's a Ratatouille.

"Miss Vance, here. . . suit yourself," He said as he walked to my spot, and carefully gave me the tray with food. As he gave me the tray, I carefully placed it on my lap and started to eat silently. I glanced at him and asked, "Have you eaten?" He shook his head, as he shove his hair, "Nah, I'm full, Miss Vance."

I couldn't help but feel a little uneasy because of his cold gaze at me while I'm eating. Does he really have to stare at me like that. . .?

The awkward silence filled the clinic, he then pulled the stool beside me and sat quietly. Minutes passed, I finished eating and there he was, buried his face on the edge of the bed, his hair softly pokes my things which made me tickled a little. Maybe he's asleep?

I carefully stood up from the bed, along with the tray I had. I walked to the door of the clinic and halted, as I gave him a glance. I was right, after all. He's asleep. The dark circles under his eyes were clearly visible and I can tell that he's really tired of watching me. . . He really looks handsome even with the scar he had on his left eye, which made him look more handsome, not gonna lie.

I sighed and shook my head to get rid of my thoughts as I continued to walk away and exit from the clinic. I then walked straight to the kitchen, and there I saw Miya washing the plates. . .

"I see you're awake, Les, huh." Miya giggled as she motioned me to place the tray with an empty plate and an empty glass on the kitchen sink, "I'll take care of this," Sais Miya with a smile on her face as she started to wash the plates I have used a while ago.

"So, did Granger told you?" She asked, which made me squint my eyes in curiosity. Huh? Granger told me what? About him afraid of losing me-oh, damn! Snap out of it, Les!

"About him, losing me?" I asked with a confused look on my face. Miya's cheeks turned red as a tomato as she quickly shook her head with a grin on her face, "No, silly. I mean, you and the chevaliers will be taking a trip to the Moonlit Forest! I and Nana will be the tour guide." She briefly explained which made me look away, getting all flustered! Argh!

Miya's now grinning maliciously, which made me sigh in exasperation and chuckled awkwardly.

"By the way, is there something that we did not know about you and Granger, hmmm? Like you told me he was afraid of losing you?" Said Miya, while still washing the plates, the grin was plastered on her face and I can tell it was pretty obvious that she was thinking about something.