Chapter 13: Where I First Met Him [1]

Lesley

I sat up on the bed and took the food tray from the table that Dyrroth gave me. Granger was still here to look after me.

"Does your chest still hurt?" Granger asked, and I nodded.

Yes, it still hurts, and I think that I'd be completely recovered maybe after a week, or a month. Granger told me everything what happened, while I'm still unconscious. Estes did his job, and because of his amazing healing abilities, the hole on my chest was closed.

And I'm really thankful that Estes saved me, if it weren't for him I would've died at the party, phew!

Still, the severe pain is still there. So I'm being careful right now.

"Uhmm, yes." I shyly said as I looked down. Granger took the food tray and carefully placed it on my lap.

"You should eat now, Miss Vance." He said as he looked at me with a hint of worry in his eyes. I chuckled at his expression. He's kinda cute, and to be honest, I'm wishing that I could see more of his side one day.

"Alright," I said as I took the spoon on my tray, and started to eat.

I feel a little uneasy, it's because he's looking at me while I'm eating... is it normal? Well, I think... it is.

"Do you really have to stare at me?" I teased as I gave him a playful smile and softly poking his cheeks with my left hand. I was about to bring down my hand as he grabbed it, and placed it on his cheek.

He closed his eyes, his eyebrows were a bit furrowed, and he slowly rubbed my hand with his cheek... which made my jaw dropped and flustered.

"Your hand is too soft," He whispered in a deep voice, which made me flustered even more! Damn, I can't believe that he's the one who makes me flustered like this, and I can feel my cheeks are heating up.

"W-What about my h-hand?" I asked, and he looked at me and gave me the 'why are you stammering?' look.

"It's just... too soft to cuddle with," He said in a serious tone, and I stared at him wide-eyed.

"Oh," It was all that I could say, as I softly caressed his face, and slowly bring my hand down. I smiled at him brightly, as I continued to eat.

"By the way, have you eaten dinner?" I asked and glanced at him. He was in his usual cold stare. I frowned a little as he shook his head for an answer.

Maybe I should share my food? Besides, I'm getting full right now.

"Granger, do you want some?" I asked, then he mouthed no. I grimaced and moved the tray slightly towards him, "Please?" I said with a hint of sincerity, and at the same time, I'm worrying about him.

He sighed in defeat as he took the tray from me, I was about to lay down on the bed as I saw him took the spoon that I used.

Damn, don't tell me he's gonna use the spoon I already used!

"Are you really gonna use... that spoon?" I asked as I felt my cheeks flushing, and the temperature in here is getting hotter.