Chapter 27: The Cure

Third Person

After Lesley accomplished her mission by shooting Selena with her rifle, Lesley felt her chest ache, she was breathing heavily, adding her wounds on her back made her knees tremble, which made her clench her fist and she held her chest with her clenched fist as she felt her breath getting shorter. She almost lost her balance as she used her rifle for support.

Everyone was surprised as the demons were now cleared, Fanny then took her other bloody sword from the ground, Alucard sighed in relief, and so as Harith. Princess Silvanna stared at Lesley with awe. . . then Granger, with a worried look, dashed to Lesley as she lost her balance and almost fell on the ground, luckily, she fell in Granger's arms.

"M-Miss Vance, don't worry, I got you," Granger whispered in Lesley's ears, it was the first time he felt helpless as he saw Lesley in this kind of condition a couple of times.

"Miss Vance, p-please be okay. . ." Granger muttered as he pulled her closer to his chest. Lesley's eyes were now half-closed, her vision was getting blurry, Granger's voice echoed inside her head, hearing the faint noise as she felt her strength was now drained.

"D-Don't worry, I'm fine," Said Lesley in a faint voice as she giggled. Granger then looked at her annoyingly, she was badly injured yet she managed to giggle like an idiot!

"You know what, you're such a good liar, Miss Vance." Said Granger in a low voice as he caressed her magenta hair covered up with blood, so as her face.

"I would rather tell that I'm fine because I really am. And besides, the serpent was now slain." Lesley whispered, her lips formed into a curve, "I wanna rest for now," She added as her eyes were starting to close.

Granger felt his heart aching, he felt excruciating pain, "W-Wai-"

"Relax, I just want a rest. I'm not gonna die, silly." Lesley giggled as she pinched Granger's cheeks. The look in his eyes was really different from the time she pinched his cheeks. He somehow felt. . . awe. He felt awe at her bravery, she did pull a heroic stunt and she did it in her worst condition. It's a fifty-fifty chance that she would succeed, or not.

"Then rest in my arms, Miss Vance," Granger whispered in a husky voice, Lesley couldn't help but to smile radiantly at his manners in the way she would go nuts over him.

"Sure, Mister Rousseau," Lesley said in a mischievous manner, seconds passed. . . she passed out. Granger checked her heartbeat by putting his hand on her chest.

He felt her heartbeat, and what made him feel bothered as he felt her soft chest against his palm, which made him blush furiously, 'Damn, I didn't mean this. . . I'm sorry, Miss Vance.' He thought to himself and hissed as he get rid of his unusual thoughts.

He stood up from the ground, carrying Lesley in a bridal style. "Looks like we accomplished our mission," Fanny mumbled as she looked at Princess Silvanna. . . while the princess, she took a small, empty glass container, "The blood," Princess Silvanna muttered, as she went to the serpent's spot. Its head was on the ground, blood was dripping from its sharp teeth.