Unmasking the Liar

Marinette's POV

It's been an hour since Luka left and I miss his warm hands on mine. I wish he could've stayed longer.

Remember he's already in so much danger, my subconscious reminds me. But it is true. I can't bear the thought of Natalie walking in and finding him. There's a knock on the door then the nurse walks in with a bag.

"I brought you a snack," she says and signals to the bag in her hand.

"Thank you," I say. She pulls the table closer to me and sets the bag down. She takes out a box and the design on it breaks my heart. "These are..."

"From your parent's bakery. I thought it would be nice if you ate something made by them." My eyes water and a single tear fall.

"Thank you," I say. She nodded and started to walk away. "Are they okay?" I say without thinking. She stops dead on her tracks but doesn't turn around to face me.

"They're... sad. They miss you. A lot." and walked out of the room.

"Yeah.... So do I," and eat the delicious pastry as more tears fall.

Adrien's POV

"We need to warn everyone about Lila!" Luka yells at me. We've been at this for quite some time. We were back at Mari's house.

"I've told you already. We don't have enough proof! She's an awesome liar! She'll get out of it some way! She always does!"

"Oh come on! They believe us! Why wouldn't the rest!?"

"GUYS! Seriously stop! We believed you because I know my big brother. He wouldn't lie. And I trust your word is true." Juleka jumps in. I run my hand through my hair and place my hands on my hips. "Also yelling is going to get us nowhere. Adrien, I agree with you. It isn't enough proof but Luka is also right. We have to at least try. And be careful with what we say." she added.

"Okay, but we need to get all of them alone and far away from Lila. We don't want her interfering." Luka said. We looked at each other and nodded.

"When?" I asked.

"As soon as possible," he answered.

It's the following day and we somehow managed to get everyone to meet us at Mari's house for a little "gathering." Except for Lila. Alya, Nino, Kim, Alix, Max, and Nathaniel are here. Luka, Rose, Juleka, Mylene, and Ivan are also here. We're all in the living room chatting and enjoying ourselves. I have a cup of coke on my hand and I see Alya walking towards me.

"Hey, Adrien can we talk?" Alya asks me.

"Sure," and we walk away from everyone. "What is it?"

"I wanted to apologize. I may still not know why you guys hate Lila so much but I'm sure you guys have your reasons."

"We do. I'll show you," and walk away from her. "Okay everyone, please sit near the TV. Luka has something to show all of you," I announce. Rose and Juleka are by the door just in case Lila shows up. "I need to confess something. This isn't just a gathering. I needed all of you away from Lila. And before you start with questions... I need to also tell you that Marinette was right about her. She's a liar. And Luka has proof... Luka," I signal him to play the video and it appears on the TV. I watch my friends closely and some are in shock. The video ends and there are whispers. "See? Marinette was right! Why would she be jealous of her?"

"Marinette already had everything she ever wanted. Your friendship. She didn't care about attention or fame. She had all of you. And that was enough for her. I can't make you believe what you saw, but I'm the one in the video. She tried to seduce me into believing her lies. I didn't fall for them because I already had everything too. Marinette. I had her and that was all that I care about." His voice cracked a little and a tear fell. He wiped it off and took a deep breath.