Chapter 18

Wow so many ppl like yanderes. I was not expecting that.

Recap:

"Uhm Tsuchigomori-sensei, why are we at the library?" (Y/N) asks politely. "Come in. I want to talk to you about something."

(Recap over)

(Y/N) POV

"(Y/N)-san, I don't think you should be hanging around Tsukasa." He takes a deep breath and lets it out as a sigh. "Sensei?" I ask, still not getting it entirely. Suddenly, it clicked, late but still there.

"Sensei... you're... a ghost aren't you?" I ask, whispering the last part. "No. I'm not. I'm a half spider. I'd show you but I don't really feel like it." He responds. His whole demeanor seems so different from when he's a teacher.

"I'm talking to you as an apparition right now, not as your teacher. And I'm telling you, do not get too close to Tsukasa." He says, giving me a serious look. "Why does everyone think he's gonna do something bad? Is there something I should know?" I ask.

"It's not my place to tell you. This is just a warning. He's very powerful. Much more powerful than you probably realize. He gets that power through unearthly ways."

"Don't worry sensei!" I say with that same smile I gave Amane earlier today. "I trust that Tsukasa won't do anything to hurt me. Someone told me to trust those who make me happy. Besides, he said it himself that he'd protect me." I say with a wink. I practiced this wink. It was the one future me gave me. Afterall, it is pretty cool.

Tsuchigomori-sensei raised his eyebrows in surprise. It looked a tad fake. My gut tells me he's more than just a spider. Racking my brains, I recall that rumor from a while ago, the one about the 4 pm bookstacks. If he knows Tsukasa, wouldn't that mean... 

I drop my smile. "Since I'm talking to you as an apparition investigator to apparition, I'm gonna guess that you already knew how this conversation was gonna go. Am I close?" I ask. His face remains oddly controlled. He must have already prepared for me to ask this. That just proves that I am close.

"Hmmmm? So you can see the future. Why would you pull me aside if you already knew that I wouldn't take your advice? Was it because the 'future' said you would? Have you already stopped trying to change destiny? Not that it matters to me anyway." I say nonchalantly.

I have no idea what got me so mad. Is it because someone's doubting my intuition on who to trust? Is it because I'm being told what to do? Is it because everyone today seems to be hating on Tsukasa?

"I already knew you'd say that, but your deducing skills are quite surprising still." Tsuchigomori sensei says. "Of course! I am a self proclaimed detective after all."

The spidery-man just smiles at me. "Anyway, thanks for the advice, sensei! I'll see ya tomorrow!" I say, back to my cheerful self. The moment I walk out the door, the bell rings.

Ding Ding Ding

Time skip

"Tsukasaaaa"I whine as I open the club room. "I need a hug." I say opening my arms. In less than a second, I find myself wrapped in his arms. We stay like that for some time, until I no longer feel like standing and want to sit down.

I already decided that tomorrow, I would confess. That gives me enough time to prepare what I want to say. Today, I just want to enjoy his company.

"(Y/N), you never told me where you went at lunch." he voices out. "I went and ate with Yashiro-senpai." I say. There's no point in lying, he'd be able to tell anyway.

"How about your sensei? What did he want?" He asks with a darker smile.

"W-well... as my teacher, he was just giving me some life advice. Not very helpful advice at that." I say. Don't ask more, please don't ask more. He doesn't, thankfully.

"Oh yeah! I found this." Tsukasa says while taking out my voice recorder. "My recorder!" I say, grabbing it. However, my hands grasp at the air. Huh?

Tsukasa was holding it just out of my reach. He starts to laugh at my inability to reach it. Jerk. "Give it back!" I complain. He finally passes it back.

"That's right, before I forget... Wasn't there someone in your year who died?" Tsukasa asks. Mitsuba. "That's right. Why are you asking?" I ask coldly. "Nothing! No reason at all..."

Time skip to next day fourth period

I take a deep breath. Today, I'm going to confess. My heart starts pounding even more.

I mean, I can always do it tomorrow right? Of course I can. Who's gonna stop me?

Ding ding ding

Welp, I guess it's time to go. "AHHHHHHHHH"

A scream could be heard in the classroom. Looking up, I see Satou-san and Yokoo-san (A/N: Minamoto-kun's friends) as... old men?

A burst of laughter erupts from me. I mean, they're old men. They look at each other and don't seem very swayed by this turn of events.

Since they know nothing about the supernatural world, they most likely think they're dreaming. Minamoto-kun runs out the door. He probably expects Amane to fix it.

I take a picture of the two, which they pose for. Hehe.

I check the time on the wall. Oh crap, I'm gonna be late for the club! Can I leave these guys here? It's not really my problem.

"You two good?" I half shout at them. "Better than ever!" they shout back with grins. Well, I guess that solves that.

Walking out the door towards the club room, I keep hearing students talking about these odd occurrences. Maybe Tsukasa knows something. Come to think of it, he probably has something to do with it.

Opening the club room, I yell out "What's with all these old people in our school?"

By habit, my arms spread out for Tsukasa's hug, but none came. "Ah, (Y/N), Tsukasa isn't here today because he has... errands to run. He also won't be coming tomorrow." Sakura says, as she closes her book.

That means I can't confess... No. Think of the bright side: could this be? A day to bond with Sakura? Thank you God in- "Because of that, I will be leaving early for today." she ends.

Of course. "I see. Then I guess I get the day to myself." What should I do? I don't need to be back home for a while... That's it!

"I guess I'll see you tomorrow, Sakura-senpai!" I say cheerful again, running out the door.

I'll go investigate the reason behind the old people.