Chapter 33

A longer chapter cuz the last one was kinda short... also I just realized that chapter 30 and onward weren't posted so I'm proof reading them again now and posting them. I was like 'why is no one on?' yesterday but it's cuz it never posted... im sorryyyyyy.. but like double upate today...

Recap:

I grab her hands and yank her in. She looks around, confused. She gets even more confused when she sees me. "Yes. I happen to be you." I say. Then it dawned on me. If I warn her, wouldn't that change everything?

(Recap over)

Still (Y/N)'s POV

Could it possibly cause a butterfly effect and do more damage than good? Is that a chance I want to take? Hold on, when I was in her shoes, the future me must have also gone through this. Then, that means I've gotta do what she did. Right?

"Well, I'm the future you at least, here to help!" I chirp, faking a salute. "You see, when I was exactly your age, I was in a very similar situation if you get what I mean." I wink.

It hurts. I want to tell her everything. She smiles. It's so carefree. If only she knows what's ahead of her.

"Nice to meet you, future me. It is a pleasure." she says with a curtsy. She seems to have no care in the world. I can't believe that was me.

I hate it. She really has no idea she killed her parents. I want to leave her. I don't want to be reminded of this past self who gets to enjoy such a carefree life. I force a smile. "I'd like to say the same, but I don't really like seeing you, who can't remember her own past. Can't you tell I don't want to be here?"

Past me looks at my smile. She is definitely having thoughts that it's fake. I remember that much. "Of course it's hard to see. I had many years of practice." In fact, you're practicing it right now, I want to say but hold it in. "Years? But you're a few months older than me at most."

I sigh. I can't believe I was like this. I see her give me a concerned face. She thinks I'm depressed. Well, she's not that far off, but I don't want to add to her soon-to-be misery. "Don't get it in your head that future you is some depressed girl playing at happy. I'm a pretty happy person. And you're a pretty ignorant person."

I smile at her. It's my real smile, and she can tell. She sends it right back. "That's enough now. It's probably not good if I tell you too much. "Before you leave, here's some advice: trust your friends. The ones that make you happy." I recite the same words that were said to me. 

By now, I really can't stand being with her anymore. I open the door to toss her out. She doesn't even fight it. It leads to Tsukasa's boundary. I can go with her. I can go back to my world and- no I can't. When I was in that same position, I was never followed back. That means I can't follow her.

I watch the door close behind her. I take one last look around the room. I never paid much attention to it the first time I came, because my attention was on the future me. Taking a closer look at it now, it seems like the perfect bedroom for me.

It has (f/c) drapes covering the walls and a nice big (f/c) bed. The ceiling is covered in plastic glow up stars. I notice a basket of muffins on the bed stand, which I take. I also notice a sharp looking pocket knife, which I take too. Mine was getting dull from using it.

I notice that it has a handy built in container at the bottom. Inside are pills. I open the small container and a note falls out. "Lethal pills" is all it says. 'That might come in handy' I think, slipping it into the top of right, my knee high sock. Why I think it'll be handy I have no idea, but I've also come to realise that you should just take what you could.