Chapter 36

Okay peeps, last update for the day. Also this book will be done in like less than 5 chaps this one included...

Recap:

Something's really wrong. This isn't Amane. I look at Tsukasa, whose face shows clear confusion to the imposter. This guy must be Yato?

(Recap over)

(Y/N)'s POV (ya i kinda forgot to change it and now its just still her)

I feel my heart quicken. It's been a while but I remember quite clearly that Yato's a shapeshifter who tries to break friendships and kills students.

I've been in life or death situations in that 'nowhere' place every time I ventured through a bad door, but this time it's not me in danger, it's a friend.

"Yashiro, Minamoto... you're supposed to be my friends. You're pretty crappy for not being by my side." the Amane imposter says, initiating the fight.

"WAI-" I'm quickly stopped by Tsukasa, who covers my mouth with his hand. I give him an angry look. "Stopping them from answering is also a form of not fighting back." he whispers to me.

"Ugh... Hanako-kun why do you always need to bully me?" Nene-senpai asks with a pout. "Yeah!" Minamoto agrees.

They... they didn't continue the fight...

I shove Tsukasa's hand off my mouth. "GUYS GET BACK!" I yell at them. Yato then pulls out an axe. "Hehe... you poor things didn't continue the argument. Guess I'll just need to kill you~"

I quickly activate my exorcist powers. Yato skillfully slices through the firm yarn in one swing. I keep attacking him with my exorcist powers. I did happen to practice quite a bit in the nowhere place.

"DIE DIE DIE! LEAVE US ALONE" I yell at him. He continues to avoid my attacks, which continue to get sloppier the more I freak out and get tired. Eventually, I can't use my powers for lack of energy.

My face pales. He's going to kill them...

"Ne, (Y/N)," Tsukasa's voice rings behind me. "Do you want me to save them?"

I whip my head back towards him. "YES!" I notice his expression. It's dark, his scary aura stronger than I've ever seen it.

"Do you wish for it?"

"YES SAVE THEM!" I shout before thinking about the consequences.

I look back at them. Minamoto is using his staff to protect them. It's clear however that Yato is much more powerful. It's only a matter of time before they die.

"(Y/N), I can only grant wishes to the dead... but if you were to die, I can grant that wish."

Time seems to slow down.

"Can't you save them as a favor, like how you did at number three's boundary?" I ask frantically. "No, this will require me to have more power, which I can't get without your wish."

"I thought you loved me." I say, using my last card. "I do. I really do, but think, if you turn into a ghost, we can be together forever!"

Huh? Me? Die? After I tried so hard to stay alive back in that place?

"It's your life for theirs." Tsukasa says darkly.

My heart's pace quickens, while time slows even more. Was this how my parents felt when they sacrificed themselves for me?

My throat tightens. 

I look at Tsukasa through shocked eyes. What do I say? I'm not ready to die. I have a brother and an aunt and friends and a future and exorcist powers and-and- and dead parents and soon to be dead friends and a crappy past and nothing to possibly look forward to in life.

I feel myself hyperventilating. My thoughts become jumbled. I look back to my friends. Yato has decided to play with them. I can see that Minamoto's arms are bloody as he continues to try to protect senpai.

Adrenaline pumps through me more than ever. It's me or them. One life for two. It should be so obvious. So, so obvious.

"Choose quickly or they'll die." Tsukasa eggs me on.

I take a shaky breath before responding. "Okay then. Kill me."

"It really hurts me to see you like this, but I can't kill you. I'll be sent to hell and won't be able to grant your wish."

That means... suicide. "Yashiro! Minamoto!" I hear Tsuchigomori-sensei shout. He runs up to us and sees tears in my eyes.

His eyes widen in comprehension. That's right, he should know my future. He read it in my book.

I reach into my right sock and pull out the pocket knife I stole earlier from that pretty room.

"Don't..." my sensei says weakly. He's close enough to me that he can physically stop me but he doesn't. What a useless guy.

I pop open the container from the bottom.

"(Y/N)! What are you doing?" Nene-senpai screeches at me. I turn to her, tears in my eyes. They don't fall however. She's huddled behind Minamoto-kun.

I let the pills fall into my hand and I stare at them. A small laugh falls from my mouth.

"HAHAHA DO YOU REALLY THINK ANYONE COULD STOP ME?" Yato yells at me. "TAKE THEM I DARE YOU! THEY WON'T STOP ME!"

I slip them into my mouth. I guess living as a ghost will be more like a second life right?

"NO!" I hear Minamoto-kun scream hopelessly.

I swallow.

"Tsukasa... remember, I wish for everything to go back to normal." I say as a tear finally falls down my face. "Your wish is my command."

My vision goes dark.

(A/N): if anyones confused, Yato can only attack Yashiro and minamoto cuz they were the only ones who didn't continue the fight. he also feels wrongfully powerful which is why he isn't in a rush to kill nene and kou. he likes the fact that y/n is suffering which is another reason why he isn't killing them right away.