Chapter 22

Okay, if u skipped the last chapter, all u need to kno is that Tsukasa has an unhealthy infatuation for (Y/N). Also, there is slight foreshadowing which u can read in the recap.

Recap:

My mind goes back to the problem at hand. I never thought of the possibility of her leaving. I don't care if she hates me after. I absolutely need to keep her with me. She can't disappear from me. I absolutely will never allow that.

(Recap over)

(Y/N) POV

Other than the mishaps with time, today was a pretty normal day. Tsukasa was normal, my lessons were normal, and (brothers name) was normal.

I write these thoughts onto a card. I sign off and hide it away in the box with the rest of them.

Hopefully, tomorrow will be a more exciting day.

These were my last thoughts before I fell asleep.

Time skip to next day

It's recess, and here I am once again playing President with the Mokke, along with a guest. Today, the guest is a blue, dainty hand.

A tick mark appears on my forehead. "ONCE MORE!" I screech, chucking my cards against the floor.

I lost for the third time. This is revolutionary. This has never happened. And why do I have to lose to a hand of all things?

Shuffling the cards, I say "I'm watching closely this time, so you better not be cheating."

To my great horror however, the hand disappeared. "WHERE DO YOU THINK YOU'RE GOING?!? I'VE STILL GOT A GAME TO WIN!!!" I yell.

This hideout is only partly secluded, the people who were around gave me odd looks. I didn't care of course.

Gah! Where did that hand go? "We'll continue this later." I say to the mokke.

Time skip to end of day

Bringgggggggggggggggggggg

Welp, I guess that's the end of the day. I wasn't able to find that hand at all.

I pack up my things quickly. I walk down the hall, towards the broadcasting club.

Out of the corner of my eye, I see something move. Seeing moving things happens to be normal for me, but I looked that way regardless. THE HAND!

No wait, that's not the same hand. I walk up to it regardless. "Excuse me, you haven't happened to see a blue dainty hand, have you? You can point in it's direction if you want..." I say politely.

The hand gives me a thumbs up before disappearing. That's another hand which left me. I can't believe it, I'm not even worthy of hands.

There's no way I offended them right? I consider myself pretty polite...

There's only one way to find out.

Time skip

It's already been ten minutes since I decided to hunt these hands. One of them is bound not to fade away. Sadly, of the many hands I encountered, all of them have already left.

There's no way all of them got offended right? They probably left for a different reason.

Ugh, I'm totally late for the club. Tsukasa's going to get mad. Oh well, I can always say I didn't feel well.

On my search for another hand, I see Minamoto-kun. "Oi! Minamoto-kun!" I call out to him. he nods in acknowledgement. 

"You haven't happened to see any hands around have you?" I ask, getting closer to him. "The hands? We're trying to get rid of them! If you give them attention, they'll leave."

"Huh, I guess I never offended any of them after all." I think out loud. "Y'alls want any help?" I offer.

"Sure!" Minamoto-kun chirps.

Time skip

We finally cleared out most of the hands, leaving me and the trio in Amane's bathroom. If Tsukasa finds out I skipped the club and was hanging out with his twin, he'll throw a fit again.

I zone out of their conversation, with this thought.

"Come to this side..." I hear a creepy voice say. I look up and see a hand wrapped around Yashiro-senpai's wrist. I'm closest to her currently, and my first thought happens to be: I'll come to that side.

Without much thought, I yank the hand away from Yashiro senpai. The hand redirects itself onto me. I get pulled into the mirror faster than I can process.

Ugh. My head hurts. When I came onto the other side, I hit my head. I feel wet.

Water? This must be a boundary. I look around and see the hands from before. "Who are you?" a voice asks from behind me.

I turn around and see Mitsuba-kun, my previous penpal, who happened to be dead. My eyes widen in shock.

"CC?" I ask, in confusion. That's my code name for him. He helped me do investigations. He'd take pictures of clues while I did the investigations. We were pen pals because I always wanted one and he volunteered.

"I... don't know who you are." He says bluntly. I don't care about whether he knew me. I run and jump onto him, forcing him into a hug.

"Are you some sort of pervert? Thinking you can just touch my cuteness like that?" he asks with a disgusted look on his face. "Me? A perv? I mean... I could be if you want." I say with a wink.

I'm not this flirty, and I don't mean it, but I always found it funny making him uncomfortable like this. Somehow, even though he doesn't remember me, and I haven't seen him in so long, I can still talk to him like this.

"I missed you CC~" I say, giving him another hug, which he deflects. "I knew you didn't I?" he asks. "I was your one and only friend!"I say confidently. "Okay, well not really a friend... maybe a colleague... ally?" I continue, confused.

We were mostly connected through our detective work. Thinking back, I mostly just dragged him along and he just went with it.

"There's no way I had anything to do with you." he retorts.

I gasp. "How can you be so cruel? After everything we shared? After all, you were the one who followed me along like a lost puppy, I still remember you begging me for attention..." I say with a dreamy look in my eyes.

I can't seem to stop messing with him. I sneak a peek at his reaction. He looks mortified.

I laugh uncontrollably. "You're still so easy to tease!" I say, still laughing. "That's true, there's no way I'd beg a dying horse like you for attention." he says rudely.

"How rude! Anyway, do you know why I'm here?" I ask, brushing aside his comment. Truth be told, I have a ton of questions I want to ask him but I really can't if he doesn't have his memories.

This somehow feels like a dream. This is not the Mitsuba who I knew. I can't think of him as the same person.

"I asked the hands to bring me someone useful but they clearly failed." he sighs. "Useful for what? Making you smarter? I can't do the impossible, but I'll gladly give you a makeover! You clearly need it. We should start with a haircut."

"First of all, I'm cuter than you'll ever be. Secondly, I wouldn't trust you with scissors to cut a straight line." he says annoyed. "That's cuz you can't relate yourself to anything straight." I laugh.

I'm given a blank look from him. Doesn't he get it? "Do you not get it? I know you're slow, but this is sad." I say.

"Can't be as sad as your flirting."

"You love my flirting~"

I feel happy. It really feels like Mitsuba returned.

"But seriously, we need to get out of here. I have things to do." I say. "Like what, practicing your molested dolphin laugh?"

"Like getting away from an annoying maggot." I smile. "Maggot? I'm adorable!"

"Sure, sure." I say walking away. "Which way?"

"This way." he says, leading me over to a giant mirror.