Chapter 23

Prepare yourself for this chap. Its gonna be... intense

Recap:

"This way." he says, leading me over to a giant mirror.

(End of recap)

I look at it confused. It wasn't showing me anything like a normal mirror should. "Why isn't it showing me myself?" I ask, confused.

"If I were your reflection, I'd want to hide too." Mitsuba says from behind me.

I was going to say something snarky back but something appears in the mirror. I turn to look at it.

My eyes widen in horror. My knees give way, causing me to fall down. A dizzy feeling overtakes me. Fear, guilt and loneliness seep into me.

I feel like I'm going to puke. My whole body starts shaking uncontrollably. In the mirror lay my parents, dead.

I'd forgotten them. 

Memories flood back into my head. Not quite, they were always there, just hidden. They return in a backwards type way. From more recent to less recent ones.

I relive their death first. They died protecting me. Protecting me from an apparition. That's right. They told me not to follow them to work but I did anyway. I hid in the trunk of the car.

I followed them because I wanted to prove my worth. I wanted so badly to seem like an adult.

The car was stopped by a vengeful, powerful ghost. I left the trunk and saw them fighting it. That's right. They were exorcists.

I wanted to join the fight. If I could properly send it off, my parents would acknowledge me. 

I ran into the battle with only that thought. I was foolish. the ghost quickly caught me. I was used as bait. My dad died first when he tried to retrieve me. 

My mom, realising that if she didn't choose her next move wisely would result in both of our deaths, used a dangerous spell which killed her and the ghost.

They both died because of my rash thinking. 

The memories didn't stop there. I remember happy memories too. Cooking in the kitchen with mom, dad teaching me exorcist things, eating a picnic with the whole family. Being happy. 

I tore that family apart. 

I choke. I can't breathe. I can hear Mitsuba-kun yelling at me and I can feel him shaking me but I just sit limply.

I'm an exorcist who caused my parents to die. I got PTSD and lost my memories of them. I'm a coward. I used to be serious. I'm not happy, I'm just pretending to be. I haven't been happy in a very long time. I've been delusional.

Everything around me feels useless. Life, others, everything. A black void forms around me. I'm awake but not at the same time.

The mirror continues to show me horrors but I don't notice.

Authors POV

(Y/N) sits with an empty look in her eyes. Mitsuba continues to shake her violently but has no luck in bringing back the girl to reality. "Wake up!" he yells.

Tears flow from (Y/N)'s wide eyes like streams.

While the two were preoccupied, a large crow-like creature crawls out of the mirror. "You see, you committed unforgivable crimes. You have no right to live. Let me replace you." the crow thing hisses.

Everything becomes much worse. It sends it's mannequin minions after the shocked girl. Mitsuba attempts to wake her of her living nightmare but fails. "STOP IT!" he shouts.

The crow-thing verbally defiles the pink haired boy. "You barely make it into the bottom of the top, according to looks." The camera geek turns to stone. 

It then uses its large hands to pick up the limp (h/c) haired girl. The only thing that seemed to keep her from looking dead are the nonstop tears flowing from her eyes.

The minions of the third school mystery race to eat the (e/c) eyed girl.

(Y/N) comes close to being eaten by one of them when Mitsuba throws a mirror at it with excellent aim.

"Over here stupid!" he shouts. He nearly seems heroic. (Y/N) remains in the crows' oversized hands while the minions chase after Mitsuba instead. 

"This is getting boring..." the school mystery hisses. With that, he painfully squeezes (Y/N).  

Giving up hope, Mitsuba screams out for help, which happens to be answered by Tsukasa.

A/N:

You can skip this, its just to help you understand some things.

(Y/N) comes from an exorcist family. She is actually a pretty strong one too (stronger than Teru). She gets her brains (detective skills) from exorcist training (her mom thought it would come in handy when searching for a specific ghost).

Because of this, she can touch and see ghosts. It's also the reason why she was able to catch Mirai with her bare hands and was unaffected when the time was sent back to the morning. When mirai tried to turn her older, she only aged a little (like kou).

This is why she is okay with seeing dead apparitions (cuz she's already used to it). growing up this way also made her slightly crazy. 

Her brother wasn't taught any exorcist things because he was too young at the time.