Chapter 29

Hi, Im in love with a rat

Recap:

I quickly turn around and teleport to my boundary. I don't want her to see me cry.

(End of recap)

(Y/N)'s POV

I watch as Tsukasa turns around and disappears. "Tsuka-" I start.

"Ugh..." I hear Minamoto grumble from behind me. I turn back around to my friend. I can't believe Tsukasa did this. He really crossed the line this time.

"Let's go to the infirmary." I say, grabbing his right hand and dragging him with me. "What happened while I was sleeping?" I ask, walking at a brisk pace.

"I went to go find you. I told that... ghost to let go of you. Then he sent his whisp thingies to attack me. One hit my arm and then that's when you woke up. I'm really sorry for what I said this morning. It was really insensitive. I-"

"Okay, okay." I cut him off. "How bad does your arm hurt?" I ask.

"Don't worry (Y/N)! This is nothing!" he boasts. I don't believe him for a second.

"Uhm Minamoto," I start, turning to look at him, "I don't think you should go near Tsukasa. He probably hates you now."

"I don't think you should go near him either." He replies.

"That's for me to judge. I don't think he'll ever hurt me, but he probably won't hesitate to harm you again." I say with true concern for my friend.

Minamoto-kun stops walking and grabs my shoulder with his good hand. "You don't think he will hurt you but there's still the chance of him doing so, isn't there?" He asks, looking deeply into my eyes.

"He's dead (Y/N). You said so yourself that he isn't mentally there. What's gonna stop him from killing you and turning you into an apparition?"

I blink dumbly at Minamoto. I never thought of Tsukasa killing me. I can tell he's a yandere by his overprotectiveness but I never considered him to be this type of yandere.

"I don't want to die." I mumble weakly. "Then don't go near him. Promise me." Minamoto-kun voices out.

But I love Tsukasa. He's my best friend and he's always there for me. He makes me happy. I don't think I'll want to come to school without him here.

"I can't promise you that..." I murmur. "Why? He's dangerous! I'm just trying to look after you. If you want, you can hang out with me and Yashiro-senpai after school from now on. How does that sound?"

I'm so tempted to say yes. No! What am I thinking? I can't just leave the broadcasting club! How thin is this loyalty of mine? I need to stand up for Tsukasa! He's not dangerous...

I glance down to Minamoto's bloody arm. Is Tsukasa dangerous? Have I been judging him wrong just because I wanted to believe such an amazing friend like him existed? First my parents and now this. I can't deal with this anymore.

"Let's go to the infirmary." I say, ignoring his question. I do want to have friends. But no friend will ever replace Tsukasa.

"You didn't answer my-" "Let's not dawdle."

I speed walk to the nurse office, Minamoto-kun trailing behind me. I knock on the door but no one answers. I sigh and open the door.

"I guess we just need to wait until the nurse returns." I say simply. Minamoto just looks at me with concern.

A few minutes of awkward silence pass between us. My mind drifts to Tsukasa before I break the silence.

"I... should go back to class. Are you okay here?" I ask, avoiding eye contact.

"What? So it's fine if you skip the first period but now you need to go back?" he asks. I shuffle my feet in embarrassment. "I don't believe that for a second. You plan on going back to him don't you?"

How can Minamoto-kun know exactly what I wanted to do? "That's not-"

"Don't you dare lie." he interrupts steadily. "Fine, you got me. Happy? You're not my dad, you can't tell me what to do." I storm.

"This isn't like you. This ghost is changing you." No. You're wrong. This is my real self. I want to shout that at him. To get it into his head that Tsukasa is good for me.

But how can I? There's so much proof against Tsukasa being good. His torment to his brother, what he did to Mitsuba, Minamoto's arm, the rumors he spreaded... The list could probably continue for ages.

"I'm fine with being changed." I say. I don't want to talk about this anymore. With perfect timing, the nurse enters the room and gasps when she sees Minamoto's arm.

"My dear! What happened here?" I fake a smile to the nurse. "I apologize, it seems that Minamoto-kun here needs treatment. He got hurt while using an exacto knife, I believe. On that note, I will leave him to you." I say walking out. Before I close the door, I take a last look at Minamoto-kun. He looks so hurt.

The door closes behind me and I walk blankly around the halls. The bell ending second period rings and students leave their classrooms and fill the hallway.

I only just realize that I left my bag in the broadcasting room. Should I get it? But what if I run into Tsukasa? I should just leave it.

I slide into a less busy hall where I slump down onto the ground. If this were a cliche anime, a group of bullies would probably come and beat me up. They always beat up the more vulnerable looking ones.

"Are you okay?" I hear a voice ask. I look up expecting to see a student but instead come face to face with Amane. I gasp out. For a second there I thought he was Tsukasa.

What's Amane doing here? We aren't friends. Well, I guess I can just go with it. I need a distraction anyways.

"I'm just perfect." I chirp with a fake smile. Smiling like this hurts my cheeks so much more but the pain reminds me that I don't want to do this, which somehow makes me want to do it more. Odd right?

"That sounds pretty fake to me." Amane says simply. "Wow you caught me!" I say, keeping up the facade. Is it wrong that I want to stay in his company like this?

"I'm sorry about what happened in the third's boundary," he says with an innocent look.

"That sounds pretty fake to me." I say, repeating the words he just said to me. "I'm serious! You keep getting mixed up with things." He says, cracking up a smile.

I suddenly feel happy for no reason at all. I give off a small laugh and send Amane a small smile. A real smile. He sends back a 'this girl is crazy' look.

"I used to love getting mixed up with these types of things." I say honestly.

It's odd. I hardly ever talked to this guy and here I am, talking to him with honesty. "How about now?" he asks, looking across the now completely empty hall.

"I guess it depends. Right now, an adventure would be fun. I need something to distract myself."

"Then, how about we go on one?"