Chapter 28

Someone reminded me that duck duck goose is a thing and my life has never been better. Also, just to let yalls know, i love kou so writing this was... hard for me T^T

Recap:

"It's okay (Y/N), you can leave it to me, I'll take care of everything." I whisper to her. Not that she'll hear it anyway...

(End of recap)

Kou's POV

First period has already ended and (Y/N) still hasn't come back. A knife of guilt stabs me in my conscience. I said horrible things to her. She probably hates me now. I need to apologize and make sure she's okay. UGH I'M SUCH A BAD FRIEND!

There are 2 minutes until the second period starts. I could always leave now and skip period two... that way I can find (Y/N). I need to make things right.

Tsukasa's POV

I want to find that asshole who hurt (Y/N) so badly. I want to see them in incredible pain. Pain that will scar and haunt them for as long as they live. Pain that will never leave them, like that clear plastic that isn't sticky yet takes forever to get rid of.

I'll make them feel 100x the pain they induced onto (Y/N). For now however, I need to stay with her. I don't want her to wake up alone. She'll become sad and that's no good.

I look down to her sleeping girl on my lap. She's so pretty. It makes me feel fluttery inside.

I suddenly sensed an odd presence. Then, there's a knock on the door. It slowly opens to reveal Kou Minamoto.

Was... it him? Was he the one who hurt (Y/N)?

"I knew she'd be here. Let go of her!" he commands me. How annoying. "Were you the one who made (Y/N) cry?" I ask, my bangs covering my eyes.

I didn't need to hear his answer. The guilty look on his face says it all. How dare he? How dare he?! How dare he make her cry and then barge into here and tell me to let go of her. He thinks I'm bad for (Y/N) but he's wrong. I'm perfect for her and he's the toxic one.

I feel my blood boil in anger. I gently shift (Y/N)'s head onto a pillow so that I can get up without waking her.

"It was you," I growl. "You were the one who made (Y/N) cry! You will surely pay for it..." I look up to him, my eyes no longer hiding behind my hair. My eyes must be black. Once he sees them, his face fills with fear. Good. He should fear me.

"Koku Jodai." I becken. They automatically fly like bullets towards the trash. He manages to dodge one, but fails to do so for the second, which hits him on his left arm.

"AHHHG" he shrieks out in pain. Good. let him feel the pain. "This is what you get for hurting (Y/N)."

From behind me, I notice (Y/N) stir in her sleep. Not only did this trash hurt her, but he also can't keep quiet.

"Koku Jo-"

"Tsukasa? What time is it?" a sleepy voice from behind me asks. I swivel around to look her in the eyes. "Too early. Go back to sleep~" I gently lift my two finger to put her back to sleep, which is blocked by her.

"DON'T TOUCH HER!" the trash yells at me. (Y/N) looks up quickly to see him holding his bloody left arm.

I smile proudly at her. "He hurt you right? See? Didn't I say I'd protect you?" That's right. She'll be happy I did this for her.

Her eyes widen at the boy's condition. She slowly gets up. She wants to give me a hug?

Instead she walks towards him. Does she want to hurt him herself? A vengeful (Y/N)... I wonder what her vengeful face is.

I smile at her, proud that she wants to get revenge. I watch her raise her hand. The boy flinches when she slaps him. A satisfying clap noise reverberating through the room.

"That's for what you said." she tells him. I smile harder, which quickly drops. She wraps her arms around him, gently to not hurt his arm. "This is for the slap."

Why is she hugging him? Why? He is trash. He doesn't deserve her hug. She shouldn't be hugging him! She should only hug me. Her hugs are MINE! They are not for shitty people like him to take!

I stand frozen in shock for a moment as I watch.

"I'm sorry. I'm sorry I hurt you. I won't do it again." the trash pleads with her. "That's alright. I know you had good intentions." she says softly.

Jealousy and rage start mixing in me. I clench my fists and stomp up to their hugging form. I tear him off of her, throwing him onto the floor and grabbing her by her shoulders. She gets a good look into my angry eyes.

A clear look of fear shows on her face. Why? Why? How come she didn't look at that trash like this? He was the one who hurt her. I was the one who helped her sleep. I protect her and make her happy. So why is she looking at me with fear?

She... can't possibly think I'll hurt her right? Just how much does she hate me? All my previous anger melts into sorrow. "Why... are you looking at me like I'm a monster?" I ask, my voice cracking.

I need to get out of here. It's too suffocating. She hates me. She fears me. She thinks I'm a monster who'll hurt her.

I let go of her shoulders, and look away from her. I instead look at the floor. I can feel tears start to well up in my eyes. "Why?" I ask quietly. Why is life so unfair?

I can see in my peripheral vision that she is still looking at me. The only person I love hates me. She hates me.

I quickly turn around and teleport to my boundary. I don't want her to see me cry.