Chapter Six

SAMANTHA BITE her lower lip, twirling the tip of her hair averting her gaze back at the window, viewing the street side

Not once had she heard his approaching footstep. He came in like a ghost, giving no signal for awareness.

"How long have you been there?" She murmured dreading the next word that were to come out from his mouth.

She was unable to hear his reply as Kenneth jovial voice interrupted their conversion, he round around the kitchen island frolicking happily.

"Dad has a surprise for you." He said, grinning widely with his finger linked together as she swell it by his side.

Samantha brow raise in question. "Really? You guys went shopping for me?" She asked feigning astonished as she caught sight on a box of cupcake engraved 'Freddy's cupcake' Nathaniel held on his hands.

Kenneth nod, his eye glittery. "Dad has it." He said, confirming Samantha's guess.

"Does he now?" She said accusingly glance at him briefly from the side of her eyes. He nodded again running toward his dad grabbing the outstretch cookies box which he handed over to Samantha. "Well thank you." She appreciated taking the box from his little hands. "But you don't expect me to eat this alone. Do you?" She asked after opening it up to reveal six strawberry cupcakes.

The little boy sheepishly smiled with one side of his eyes "No?" He answered in a question way.

"That right but we won't eat it all. With that sweet tooth yours you're bond to eat a lot. Now go wash your hands and a cupcake will be waiting for you." Not waiting much time he dashed up the stairs.

Samantha smiled at the little his energy, turning to pick out a paper plate Nathaniel choose to continue where they had stopped from.

He cleared his throat to capture her attention. "So, about that date. I think it's best you go."

She ignored him placing the paper plate on the island, putting a cupcake on it Nathaniel's hand held hers.

Samantha froze for a moment at the sudden unexpected action.