Chapter Eight

CHUGGING DOWN an entire glass of milk

CHUGGING DOWN an entire glass of milk. Nathaniel sigh in contentment wiping his lips with the back of his hand. Finally he felt a little bit of relief. The night unfortunately wasn't helpful and dreamy as he'd expected to be; the familiar pains of the past caught up with him.

A sigh escape his lips again, his gaze narrow center on the now growing garden. Samantha and Kenneth had really done a job well-done. Maybe he'd head to the closet store around; probably Mrs. Andrew's store. The finest gift one would wish for, would be transported right here.

The sunny ray of sun hitting right at the garden, bringing the flowery scenery. It delivered a great sense of comfort-it felt homey. And indeed it was, that Nathaniel was grateful for.

The vibration coming from his phone on the island draw Nathaniel's intense focus away from the backyard flowerbed.

Sighting the ID he groan, knowing of what was to come from the caller. "Mom." He dryly remark, sauntering towards the living room, he dropped on the couch, placing a cushion on his lap.

"Oh now that not the way you talk to your mother you haven't seen for months. Change that tone." She countered, her breath deepened as she struggle with whatever task at hand.

The habit of cautioning him or either if his brothers never gets old. Anna Carter. A lovely up strict mother of five. Nathaniel could praise the energy the older woman has raising up stubborn children of hers. A gold medal to be given.

Anna seize no opportunity in reminding the Carter's children of their rascal role they all played in hers and their fathers life. She even keep a picture and video of it all.

On one hand Nathaniel loved how composed Anna was, keeping all memories of their trouble some childhood. The Carter's children were known as the hellions kids. As disturbing as that sounds Nathaniel and his siblings never care. But at the other hand, he resent what his mother kept. Some where very embarrassing, to the extent of suicide planning.

And Anna care less. So she said, but Nathaniel calls it a bluff. She care and will always care.

Pinching between his brow, he threw his head back shutting his eyes close, not before briefly glancing at the wall clock. "Afternoon Mom." He mutter out, feeling unnecessarily tired.