Chapter Nine

Unedited

"ONCE AGAIN I'm sorry for the short notice

"ONCE AGAIN I'm sorry for the short notice. It was unplanned for." Nathaniel apologized, his hands tightened on the wheel. He gaze briefly at the younger woman by the passenger's seat.

Samantha's chuckle filled the closed warm car. Her eyes glitter in a warm way, making him shift on his seat at the fluttering feeling settling in his stomach. "Forget it Nathaniel. I understand."

A sigh of relief left his lips, not removing his gaze away from the dry, free highway. It unusual for a busy road such as this, remain free of some vehicle.

The afternoon's sun hit the car as they drove off, making the car feel warm. Thankfully the cold weather had clear off, bringing in the warmth they all sort out for.

The kids remained awfully quite. Nathaniel shifted his gaze at the mirror, taking in a quick image of there posture. Kenneth's head rested on the headrest; probably catching sight from the upper widow. While Olivia on the other hand, slept like an angel she was-dreaming of the beautiful days that were to come.

"Everything alright there son?" Nathaniel couldn't help but ask not being fond of the new Kenneth in the car.

"Huh." Kenneth only whispered, shaking his head for a moment before staring at his fingers.

Now disturbed more than ever, Nathaniel pulled out from the side if the road. One thing was for sure-something was bothering his son, and he's going to find our what. His family come first before anything. "Okay kiddo it's better you tell me what wrong. What's it Kenneth?" He questioned, catching Samantha's attention the moment he had pulled at the roadside. From where he sat he could sense her worry.

Kenneth in reply shrug his shoulder. "It's nothing dad. Just miss Mr Dess." He murmur blinking his eyes four times in a second; an act that proved he'd lied from between his lips.

Gritting his teeth in frustration, his gaze narrowed tightly on the little boy. "Don't you think you're too young to lie? I never for once in my life thought you such act." He snarled out, boiling in anger. "What went wrong?" He got no answer or movement in reply-just silence. "Speak to me for God's Sake!" He yelled in frustration, slamming his palm on the steering. His act made Samantha and Kenneth; including Olivia flinch in fright.