Chapter Twenty Four

THE FAINT sight of the black car, became unnoticed-almost like a tiny insect

THE FAINT sight of the black car, became unnoticed-almost like a tiny insect. Nathaniel couldn't find himself removing his stare away from there.

A grim feeling shot through him. The knowledge this could be the last time he ever saw them. A goodbye he wasn't prepared for.

Ice scudded down Nathaniel's spine as he stepped briskly towards the opposite direction. He barely has begun walking when putting to a stop by the person next to him.

Only then did Nathaniel realize he wasn't alone.

"Sir, this was faxed a few minutes ago." Stanley, his personal bodyguard, stretched his arms forward, handing an A4 sized paper to him.

Not hesitating for a second, Nathaniel snatched the paper off his grip. Slowly his eyes analyze the paper, carefully skimming through the pages-not missing a bit of important information.

He could feel his eyes widen at each page. Fact, truth, secret revealed itself. Nathaniel solid jaw clench, his lips thinned in disapproval at the word printed on it.

"Shit." An air hiss from Nathaniel's lungs as if from a puncture wound. His hand tightened on the sheets.

This was too much.

Mental home?

Earlier Nathaniel had ordered quick research on Colton Lineman. Wanting all possible root related to his dysfunctional attitude, what he'd been doing this past years. But this was worst.

Apparently, Colton had been involved in a third-degree burn from his chest downward, somehow he managed to have survived after spending a year and a half in the hospital. The incident made him mentally unstable, making him admitted to the mentality of care.

But according to the report, Colton almost killed two of his nurses, before escaping to an unknown destination.

A destination Nathaniel was certain was taking his own life, for revenge. The pains Colton suffered through, could only warrant how much pains he wants to be inflicted on Nathaniel knew he was doomed.