Chapter Twelve

UneditedAS FAST as his legs could carry him

Unedited
AS FAST as his legs could carry him. Nathaniel; the thirty two years old father, ran to the waiting room, giving the designated description from the receptionist on desk.

Upon been called in his way back home by one of the guards, who told Nathaniel his son had been rushed to a hospital by Henry and Samantha.

Nathaniel felt weaken at the sight of Samantha. Her chestnut hair look rough-like it'd been racked a lot of times. The once lovely dress she wore-completely unrecognizable, her head was facing down with a sleepy Olivia in her arms.

A glance at her, proved how heartbroken she was. Whatever happened this evening, Nathaniel fear it might have done a huge damage on Samantha's life.

And it was all his fault. If only he'd been there with them. If only he'd not ran like a hunted teenager.

For God Sake he was an adult. A man in his early Thirty's. A man who couldn't protect his family.

The atmosphere of the hospital affected Nathaniel even more-psychological. It was all too familiar. The last time he'd been here, a life was lost.

And now he fears, he might lose another special person in his life, all because he hadn't been there. The memory of how he last spoke to his son still hunts him deeply. The thought that it might actually be the last, frightened Nathaniel more.

Never!

"Sam," He whispered her name in the quite waiting room, as she sat in the molded plastic chair.

Hearing her name, Samantha carefully, cautiously lifted her head up. Once taken the sight of him, Nathaniel could full see the blank brown darkness in her eyes.

Nathaniel had no idea how long she kept her gaze at him. She stood up after passing him over to one of the guards, who Nathaniel could recognise as Henry.

Slowly Trudging towards him, Samantha finally after forever got to his face and Nathaniel wants nothing more than too bring her into his tight embrace.

Unexpectedly Nathaniel received a sting on his left cheek, and another on his right cheek. "Where the hell were you?!" She cried out, while hitting on his chest with her tight grip.