Chapter Twenty Seven

Dedicated to Darker_she she's a wonderful author to know. Do check out some of her books😘😘 you'd love it.

HEAVING IN a deep breath, Nathaniel took in the sight right opposite him. A grin found away on his face, the vista of wide sky shimmering sun rushed straight on the one woman who made his heart skip continually.

A giggle added with the beautiful scenery. Olivia took careful, cautious steps towards the waiting arms of Samantha, who clapped her hands, waiting for the toddler to comply along.

Kenneth bubbled around the room, frolicking in joy. A grin that couldn't be demolished by the slightest thing. Hovering around Samantha from behind peeping ahead.

Olivia's three teeth displayed at being the center of attention, from the elder groups in the room. Slowly she got to her destination landing on Samantha's arms, giggling loudly.

Samantha's laughter echoed around the room, making a zipping spark ran through his body. Watching as she held Olivia tight in her arms peppering her face with kisses and sweet words.

Nathaniel thought back on how calm, and happy things had turned out for them. The painful dreaded terror was long forgotten by the bravery of Samantha.

He could remember the shock on her face at his pretense of memory lost, Samantha almost broke down in tears at his selfish act. He'd no idea why such thought came to him, all he did know was opening his eyes to an empty wardroom.

Worries struck through him, as his senses begin digesting the outcome of things, almost pivoting of the bed even badly in pain, a quiet movement on the door caught his attention, making him catch a glimpse of Samantha's face through the transparent glass on the door.

Relief with joy, Nathaniel slump back on the bed taking a deep breath, but Samantha's body movement prompted his act of pretense.

Silently watching her breakdown, she snapped him off his act, slowly. Guilt blinded his sight at the view of Samantha's face on display. Both cheeks wet with running tears, and sobs by his next act of amnesia.

His hands moved to wipe off her cheeks, as a peal of loud laughter left his lips even through the pains on his ribs, finding humor on the whole mood.

Samantha resisted the urge to smack his injured head in anger, but the relief could be shown in her blurry eyes. Even as she kissed his lips long and hard, Nathaniel felt like home.

"I'd love to know the reason for that grin on your face." The sweetest voice lured him off his thought, taking a seat by his side, as the couch sinks in a little by his left.

Gazing back at Samantha, he lifted his arms around, wrapping his shoulder pulling her to his side closer. "You." He whispered kissing her lips short to glance around for the children who weren't in the garden porch. "Where are the kids?" He asked, worried for there were being.

"Hey, calm down big man. There are both with Anna. Apparently, you were too busy with that head of your, not able to pay a little attention to your surroundings." She chastised him, kissing his neck boldly.

Since this passed month Samantha's attitude changed, she behaved more boldly, more strongly. Gone was the sensitive lady.

And Nathaniel was loving it more than ever.

"Need help getting inside?" She placed her brown eyes to his, concern clearly written in them. Gesturing to his bandaged left leg laying on the small center table in the porch, while the sunlight torched their skin.

Averting his gaze ahead to the blooming flowers, the string running faster, so as the ages raises. One thing Nathaniel will forever be thankful for was having Samantha at his side. A blessing to him, and his family.