Chapter Eleven

UneditedAT TIMES in life, things don't normally go the way we planned it

Unedited
AT TIMES in life, things don't normally go the way we planned it. Life tend to push us where it wants us to, and it's just left for we all to follow along with the force.

But at time, we as human reaches a breaking point of wanting at least one control of nature. Some succeed, while others becomes obsess with the power and satisfactions.

And in Nathaniel's part, he seems to be in between both centers of forces. The old man right in front of him, choose both sides, and Nathaniel could testify all wasn't well.

At this point Nathaniel also felt, he might actually turn out to be just like this. A broken lone man. If not worst.

"How about a warm coffee to soften the day?" Joe suddenly asked, catching Nathaniel off guard with the sudden question. Perhaps the older man notices the reluctant, he added. "I feel there's more in you that you're letting others see."

Lifting his left wrist, checking in the time, Nathaniel felt the urge to cursed out in disbelief. 4:45pm. How long has he been gone? Three hours?

Shit!

Taking Nathaniel's silence as a yes, Joe immediately stood up, leaving the backdoor which possibly leas to the kitchen open. An invitation.

Clenching his eyes shut, while rubbing his temple, already feeling a sudden ache of his careless behavior.

And what the heck was he doing in a strangers backyard? What normal person follows an unknown man straight to his house?

Fumbling through the pocket of his black cotton jacket, he pulled out his phone immediately dialing his father's line. The idea of calling Samantha felt wrong.

He was still yet to apologize.

"Nathan," Dalton answered at the fourth ring, the tone of his voice proved he'd really fucked this up for himself. "If you're calling to ask about Samantha and the children, you shouldn't worry yourself wherever you're. James drove them home."

Nathaniel groan, this time out. He sat himself down on the grass floor. "I messed things up didn't I?" He got silence in return, which only proved his question right. "Okay then." Reaching to cut the line, he paused at the sound of his fathers voice.