Chapter Twenty One

UneditedSTROLLING THROUGH the dim, backyard

Unedited
STROLLING THROUGH the dim, backyard. The rotting stench of black nylon garbages, covered the who surroundings, like a wide canopy. At each corner, on the building walls, lay tons of them. Like a signature post.

The odor alone, coming from there, can make a pregnant woman deliver a premature baby. Nathaniel wasn't so far from being in that category.

Cautiously and quietly, he strides down the long, unending yard, with the cricket noise, and flipping bats.

His hands held tight to his, long cotton coat. The spring was getting near. For the chilling hallow of the wind, ran through his ears.

The awareness of the numb contradicted to the cause of making it red, at the tip of his ears. The cold night, added the effect with both his hands deep into his coat pocket.

Pressing a little pull at the metal one-way door, he stood facing. The oil scent combined with the appetizing aroma, running through his nostrils.

Nathaniel could feel his stomach grumble, at the lack of lunch. But he's a far more important thing to take care of. One settlement that'll forever change, everything he ever believed in.

The luring glare, Nathaniel received from one of the chefs; in state of the long white car bend at one corner, dressed white from the top to the root. Apart from the red handkerchief around his neck.

Somehow Nathaniel knew he had managed to walk himself into a very busy, and bustling kitchen. The constant chop of the table knife, coupled with the vegetables, surrendered at the center of the wooden smooth plank.

The clattering sound of a spatular, and aluminum pot, crowded the hearing. More than the orders passing through the hot steamed room.

A squeaky sound of steam robbed him of his brooding thoughts. Unaware by the presence of another by his side.

"What are you doing in my kitchen?" The chef he'd noticed his blazing gaze a while ago, stood opposite him. His arms wrapped around his chest, like a Presidential escort.