Chapter Twenty Six

THE DULL silence heightened, ruling over the senses of the man deep in the depth of shallow shadows. Flashes of the past running through his eyes. Settling itself in his vivid mind. Painful thought one could only dread managed to lure itself into his head.

The current if his body toss backward, as he explore pains of his past. All by unknown lead him to the one part that no one should ever pray of being in or experiencing. Confusion kept ringing in his head.

What was he doing here?

Dressed in black, a crowd formed by his sided. The quite sob could be heard from where he stood. For one could sense the mood isn't a good one, even the weary weather could testify to that. All felt too familiar as Nathaniel take in the scene right in front of him.

A casket is being lay down into an open floor-six feet. A loud cry reached his ear, immediately Nathaniel's gaze snapped from where it came from. His breath caught on a gasp, the thundering sound of his heart beating fast deafened him.

All puzzles being to fall right in place, make a lot of sense. Upon where he stood was Natasha's funeral, as he's eyes captured Samantha who looked broken, shattered while keep struggling to run unto her sister, those around Samantha held her in their tight grip.

Guilt shot through him, like a gun had ram straight through his heart. If only he'd not been selfish maybe she'd have seen Natasha at the first time, but no he'd been self-centered thinking only about himself, not bothering to notify Samantha-maybe if she'd been there Natasha might jump off from her comma.

Cries still echoes around the graveyard, as the casket was covered with sands. Nathaniel felt his lungs closed, his eyes burning with tears. This was goodbye, Natasha was gone forever, never to return again. The realization of those words hurt him tight in his chest, his head spin as it all came dawn to him.

How was he going to raise the children alone? How will he wake up on a empty bed without his wife by his side? How can he cope without destroying what he has built up for years?

All came running down his head, catching sight of Kenneth who stood by his father's side confusion written in his little face, and Olivia sleeping on his mother's arms, pity settled in, knowing this children will never now what it was having a mother.

Striding towards where the cry came from across, Nathaniel squat gazing down at the younger lady who kneeled on the grassed ground. His fingers trailed on her cheeks, wiping off the tears running down her cheeks.

His heart shattered even more, taking her appearance. The sadness in those eyes as they gazed at his, was one thing Nathaniel hates to see in those brown eyes.

They where both in pain, losing someone very close to their hearts. Someone who could never be brought back, someone who could never be replaced by anybody else. Natasha was loved by them both, dearly in her heart.

Though Samantha's pain might be the worst, for she'd lost her only surviving relative. The one she grew up with, the one she saw as her light, and there she was gone-deep into the ground waiting to decay.

All his life knowing Samantha, Nathaniel kept her at arms length. But now he holds her in a proximity, tight in his embrace. Murmuring words into her ears. One he could clear note as a reassure to Samantha.

"It's okay, you're not alone." He murmured, smoothing her back giving her comfort, while he searches for his in her arms wrapped around him. "I've got you."

No words left her lips, except her cried which as calmed a little with her body rocking violently in his arms whole lifting her up to her feet.

None mattered, the atmosphere had changed, everything around his disappeared, the pain wasn't brutal like a while ago, Nathaniel knew the feeling coming to should make his feet run straight to the mountains, but somehow he didn't have the strength of doing so.