Chapter Seventeen

WHEN THEY left the church office, Nathaniel suggested they stop off and visit his parent

WHEN THEY left the church office, Nathaniel suggested they stop off and visit his parent. Which didn't go well as they were not aware.

The disappointing glare his parent shot their way, made Nathaniel more happy he'd stood firm on his and Samantha's choice on not making the wedding big and glamorous.

Like his mother had secretly, probably planned in her head. A master planner, indeed.

Though his parent were mildly surprise by the news of their wedding, they were still happy he and Samantha had taken the act of really getting married.

The guilt of not inviting them over, lay shallow in Nathaniel's mind. But he couldn't care, not when he finally has Samantha as his wife.

Wife.

How sweet and warming that word alone sounds in his ear. More better it was Samantha.

Thankfully his parent had volunteered in keeping the kids with them for the whole weekend. Nathaniel felt the urge to scream out loud in contentment. Finally a alone time with his newly wedded wife.

Nathaniel helped her into the car. Kenneth and his grandparents stood on the front lawn and waved as Nathaniel started the car and they drive away.

Samantha was strangely quite for several minutes. Without the children as a buffer Nathaniel felt awkward and ill at ease.

"I'm sorry Sam," He said after several tensed minutes.

"For what?"

"For cheating you."

"Cheat me? I don't understand." She said feel the least bit slightest. Thou Nathaniel could only guess, the wedding had gone exactly as she'd wanted. Intimate, with only the children present.

"Mom and Dad were right. I should have planned a honeymoon trip for us. It was extremely inconsiderate of me.

Samantha shrug, looking at her newly manicured fingers. "I don't want a trip."

Nathaniel shot a sharp glance at her, before returning it back to the free highway. "Perhaps not, but you deserved one. You deserve a while lot better than I'm giving you."He said angrily, but his disappointment was in himself and not directed at her.