11: Discovery

- CATALINA E. SOLACE -

Choosing an outfit is way too complicated.

Since my call with Luca, I had a hard time choosing an outfit to wear so I ended up destroying my closet in the process.

Before I knew it the clock read six fifty-five.

Good timing, Cata.

Self pat on the back.

Packing a small clutch, I headed downstairs to where Luca was already waiting for me. When I reached the first floor I was able to get a good look at him.

"Ready to go?" He asked, adjusting the cuffs of his white button up shirt.

"No need to get wet in your pants, wonder boy." I teased, noting he had caught me in my shameless stare.

He grinned. "I should be telling you that, emerald. Admit it, you were basically eye fucking me."

"Sure." I replied, playfully smacking him on the arm.

"This is abuse." He commented, still smiling.

"Hurry up, Martinelli," I said, already by the door. "You're too slow for me, catch up."

•••••

The car ride was silent, only filled with the music playing in the background. Fortunately for my nerves, it wasn't awkward.

I think the both of us being kind of nervous and confused as to what the hell we were doing was enough to pull us into our own rambling thoughts.

It didn't need to be said, but we both knew that we needed this silence.

•••••

Arriving at a frozen yogurt stand, we decided taking a stroll through the park across the street was our best option.

Generic conversation was made, but to say my stomach wasn't filled with butterflies was a lie. Let me be honest, aside from what he does for a living, our interests are pretty similar. It feels so easy.

Sounds dumb?
Yeah, even saying it was weird. However, it's the truth.

I got to learn that he is the youngest of two. His younger sister being ten years younger than him named Leila Martinelli.

Not to mention he's Italian-Portuguese. His mom, Marcia Martinelli, was born in Lisbon, Portugal, and his dad, Marcello Martinelli, is from Venice, Italy.

Apparently he spent seven years in Italy, then two years in Portugal before his family decided to move to Miami when he was around ten — happening to be the same year his mom gave birth to his little sister.

Sharing the fact that I was an only child, until now, I explained my situation with Abigail from earlier, including the whole ordeal with my father, which was a touchy subject.

For the few years after my father's passing, it was mayhem. My mom and I were evicted out of our house since she couldn't make enough out of her salary alone to keep up with the expenses.

I had to switch schools and start all over, which is how I got to meet my best friend, Emilio. I learned that same week he was my neighbor, ironically enough.

His parents and little sister quickly became family to us. Considering my extended family cut off ties with us after we left for the U.S. it got lonely, so having the Suarez's around was fun.

Emilio was the only thing I had close to a sibling. He was like my brother who I was very protective of. Even though we're the same age, he would still pull out the "I'm two months older than you" card.

Speaking of which, we haven't been in contact since I've been here. I've got to give him a call.

It wasn't easy but my mom and I were able to work with what we had at the time, which opened my eyes to a new perspective on life and made me appreciate things even more. Even with all these twists and turns she never gave up, she pushed forward.

It's why I'm nervous to ask. Because if what Abigail said is true, I don't know what I'll believe in anymore.

•••••

"We should head back. It's getting cold." Luca remarked, throwing his drink in the nearby garbage can.

"Yeah, I'm freezing." I told him, shivering uncontrollably.

With that in mind I pulled out my jacket, which I had wrapped around my waist.

Seriously?!

What?

He was going to offer you his jacket, dumbass!

Did you honestly believe I was going to do that whole "here, wear my jacket" thing?

Yes...

Whatever.

After a few minutes of walking, we finally arrived to where his car was parked and drove back.

Walking in and standing in front of my bedroom door, we shared a few glances before he placed his hands on my waist, grabbing my face tenderly and placing his lips on mine.