19: The Return of Killian Keller

- CATALINA E. SOLACE -

Looking up, I was faced with him, Christopher's dad. His malicious expression was excruciating to see. Not to mention the many questions I had as to how and why he was doing this?

"What the fuck are you doing?" I spatted out, not caring about the consequences.

Would he torture me? Toy with me? Kill me? I don't know. It's not like he hasn't done it before.

"I'll say this as straight forward as I can. I'm running the British mafia and you are my key to Luca Martinelli, babe." Killian dramatically explained.

Even when he's explaining things, he's dramatic as hell. Not to mention his British accent was noticeable when he talked. It was something I used to love about him, but now, it's something I can't bare to hear.

I may be bias for not liking him, but he did this to himself. He cheated, not the other way around.

Oh yeah, after he called me a waste of a person after losing our son, he went out and knocked up another girl he had been seeing for a while.

I found out when she called Killian during the middle of the night to tell him she was about to go into labor.

Never found out her identity, unfortunately. All I know is that he had a son named Lorenzo Keller.

His pride and joy, apparently.

Screw Killian.

It's bad enough he had me drinking my sorrows away every fucking night he told me I wasn't good enough, or that I was overweight and needed to lose a few pounds, or that I had no one else besides him.

Years of being in this cycle with him made me realize I had a drinking problem, or led me to being diagnosed with severe anxiety.

I've done better, I'm currently two years sober, but the fact that he was here was enough to trigger me. Especially with the memory of our son.

Because knowing him, he could have cared less about Christopher.

Kneeling down, he stroked my face with his hand to which I flinched.

At this point, I could see him very clearly. No matter how much I wanted to avoid his gaze, I couldn't.

His face haunted me for years and now looking at him once again, I felt a small sense of fear. Those amber brown eyes and brown black hair I used to love were now a memory and only filled with pure hatred.

"You're still beautiful as ever, Eloise," he went on, kissing my cheek. "How much I've missed you."

"Get your fucking hands off me." I said, spitting in his direction, which ultimately landed on his face.

He chuckled, cleaning the spit from his face. "Feisty as ever I see. You still haven't left the Christopher situation, have you?"

"No, you idiot," I replied sarcastically with an eye roll. "He was our son and you left me when I needed you the most, but instead you led to me down a dark road."

Saying that, he started making his way towards Penelope, bringing her seat next to me.

"Look, I'm not here to fight with your childish attitude. I have a few things to clear up, but I'll be back." Killian said, patting my head lightly in which I gagged in response, making him laugh on his way out.

"How do you know Killian Keller?" Penelope finally asked, breaking the awkward silence shared between us for a while after Killian left the room.

"Before I met you, Luca, or anyone else. Killian and I dated for a while," I answered. "We were in our senior year of high school when we started dating. We were together for like five years, even though what we had was an on and off."

"What happened between the two of you? And you had a son?"

"We were never good. He would insult me through my weight and isolated me, but I felt obligated to stay because he helped me out tremendously with my finances, such as paying off my college tuition."

"When I was around twenty one, I found out I was pregnant, and it was good for those nine months — he treated me like I was the only girl. However, our son was a stillborn. Instead of comforting me, his attitude worsened."

"Apparently, he cheated on me the same night and got another woman pregnant. I only found out when she called him in the middle of the night telling him that she was going into labor. So he now has a son named Lorenzo Keller."

"So you can see why I don't like him. I felt like a fool after finally finding out." I went on.

"I'm sorry to hear that."

"What about the kid?" Penelope continued asking. "We know Keller has a kid but never knew anything else besides that small piece of information."

"Really?" I Inquired, shocked by the fact that they didn't know much about Killian and Lorenzo.

"Yeah, before you told me about his kid, we didn't even know the gender. Much less his name. I'll admit, Killian is good at hiding, but he's also a coward so that explains it all. Do you know anything else?"

"Aside from that, all I know is that the kid is turning two this year in a few months. I think in July."

"That's more than what we were ever able to find," she lightly chortled. "Anyways, what was the aftermath of your breakup?"

"The day following our breakup, he came looking for me at my mom's house, which is where I was staying at the time," I said. "He told me that I needed to come back or he would kill me. I always thought he was joking around, but I also knew he was a manipulative person. I didn't even know about his gang. So after I lied by telling him I would come back to his place the following morning, I left Miami and moved to Orlando." I added.

"Did he ever find you?" Penelope queried.

"No, I was in Orlando for a few months so everything could calm down. It was only temporary. When I heard that Killian had left Miami to go back to England for a while, I took my chances and returned to Miami."

"I know, I sound really stupid for returning to Miami after everything that had happened, but my mom was going through some financial issues and she needed my help." I commented.

"I'm so sorry you had to go through that." Penelope said.

"I just want to get out of here, it stinks. I should've attached a pocket knife or something to the inside my bra."

"You'd think for growing up in the mafia I would've thought of that, but nope. My dumb ass didn't think of it."

"We'll find a way out and if it comes down to you or me, just know I'm saving your ass."

"No, if it's comes down to you or me, you're saving yourself and leaving me behind." Penelope interrupted me.

"Best friends?" She asked.

"In every fight." I responded.