Bonus 2: Truth Bomb Ignited (Part 2)

- CATALINA E. SOLACE -

Knowing who sent it, my suspicions were only confirmed the minute I pulled out a piece of paper with the initials MH, which could only mean one thing — Michael Hastings.

Who else would have the same initials and sends a surprising gift with it?

"See, this is why you shouldn't have shot him in the first place, Pen," I said sarcastically. "Next time, we're taking our victims hostage."

"Not my fault he kidnapped our asses because he had some strange obsession with you," Penelope shot back. "That fucker deserved every bullet I shot into him. No offense, Adalyn."

"No offense taken," Adalyn replied. "Wait a minute, you dated my uncle?"

"Yeah, unfortunately." Luca responded coldly as I rolled my eyes.

"Calm down, wonder boy. He's dead for a reason," I commented. "Anyways, to answer your question, Killian and I were together for years, though it was on and off."

"So that means you were almost Rivers aunt?" Asked Ariana.

I honestly didn't want to answer that question. Not because I didn't like Adalyn but because knowing Killian and I could have been something more than boyfriend and girlfriend in the first place made me internally puke.

"I guess, but luckily nothing further than a simple boyfriend happened."

"I'm glad," Adalyn remarked with sincerity. "That would have been weird. No offense."

"None taken."

"We should all get some rest," announced Luca. "I'll get something prepared in the meantime."

"And how will you do that?" I asked. "Knowing you, you'll have a few bombs planted somewhere in your so called plan."

"Nooo," Luca sheepishly drawled.

"Yeah right," I laughed. "Alright everyone, it's getting late so I think it's a good time to call it a night."

"Wait, shouldn't you guys be worried?" Adalyn inquired. "What if they come after us again?"

"Yeah, how are you guys so calm about this? You've been sent a dead body for crying out loud!" Summer yelled out.

"We've been dealing with your family for over eight decades, Adalyn. This is nothing new," Penelope cut in. "They'll always be after us, so striking at them right now will not change nor affect the outcome."

"This goes back before any of us were even conceived." Jaxon commented.

"What about them?" Adalyn asked, pointing over to my sister, her husband, and daughter.

"They know how to take care of themselves," I said before turning to face Abigail. "You guys can stay in the guest room like usual."

"Are you sure? We don't want to overstep," Ezekiel added. "Especially with everything going on at the moment."

"Don't worry," I stated. "Your usual room has been cleaned since your last visit."

Turning my gaze back to Adalyn, the worried look she was wearing was evident as to how she truly felt about the entire situation.

"It's going to be fine. We've got this under control, get some rest." I reassured her before walking out of the dinning room.

•••••

As I finished getting ready for bed, Luca walked in. "That girl, Ariana, is crazy I'll tell you that."

"She's an angel, how dare you?"