22: The Rain Upon Us

- CATALINA E. SOLACE -

Six Months Later

As I sipped on my orange juice, I looked down at my growing belly. I was still trying to wrap my head around the concept that in just one month, Luca and I would finally introduce our twins into this world.

Yeah... twins. Don't get me wrong, I'm already in love with them, but if I thought one was going to be hard, imagine how I reacted when they said we would be having a boy and a girl. In a way, the thought of bringing them into this kind of world did terrify me, but what could be done?

I won't lie, I did think of leaving and turning a new leaf over after everything that had happened with Killian, but I also knew I couldn't leave the Martinelli's, especially Luca.

I love Luca, Penelope, and Jaxon way too much to leave them. Leaving them just didn't sit right with me. Not to mention I was expecting his kids. I wouldn't have been able to leave without make a few arrangements.

It's been six months since I first found out about my pregnancy and so I am now at eight months. When we broke the news, Penelope literally screamed in excitement, which is why she decided to throw a party for today — inviting everyone, and I mean everyone, including her parents.

On the bright side, I was able to work things out with my mom and we're now on better terms. Our relationship is not like what is was before but it's getting there.

According to her, dad was in desperate need of money to help pay for the mortgage and the rest of the bills. That's where Marcello comes into all of this. They were old friends and my dad used to be part of Marcello's gang at some point when he was still living in Mexico and was with Abigail's mom, Sierra Morales.

With that being said, Marcello sent my dad to spy on the British mafia. Unfortunately, they caught my father. He was able to escape at the time, but not hide for long. That's where the mysterious house fire came from. My dad was murdered by Killian's father, Alexander Keller-Madden.

Truthfully speaking, I am still holding a grudge with Marcello. Why wouldn't I?

"I'll get it!" Penelope shouted from the living room after hearing the doorbell ring.

Nathan and Luca came running down from their offices as I waddled my way to the front door before greeting their parents, and yes I waddled.

I looked and felt like a penguin.

"Want to get food?" Penelope asked as she made her way towards me.

"What kind of question is that? Of course!" I replied enthusiastically.

"Let's go befor-"

"Emerald, could you come here for a second?" Luca inquired.

"Fuck." I heard Penelope mumble.

"Hey Marcello and Marcia. It's great to see you guys again," I greeted them. "You guys must be Joseph and Natalie."

Joseph and Natalie Martinelli, the absent parents of Penelope and Nathan Martinelli.

"How are you doing, sweetie?" Natalie asked me, going in for a hug.

"We're doing well, thanks for asking." I answered, looking down at my belly.