15: Mommy Dearest

- CATALINA E. SOLACE -

"I told you," Abigail teasingly commented. "I did give you a heads up."

"Fine," Mom sighed, looking down at the floor in defeat. "I knew about Derek's first child from his previous marriage."

"Why? Why didn't you ever mention Abigail? You should have told me when I was old enough and then, if I decided I wanted to meet her, I would. That decision was never up for you to decide." I furiously said.

"I'm sorry, honey," she apologized. "But your father wanted to keep it a secret because he knew you wouldn't be able to have a relationship with Abigail for a very long time and he didn't want to see you get crushed."

"What?" Abigail asked, furrowing her brows. "What do you mean by that?"

"He... he confessed that he was already planning on leaving your mother, Sierra Morales, long before he met me. They were unhappy. It got to the point where they were fighting every single day," Mom began, clasping her hands together. "Then your mother wanted to bring a child into this world, but he rejected the idea, saying he would never have a child with someone he didn't truly love anymore. However, Sierra wanted to have a child of her own, and she was determined to get pregnant no matter what the cost was so she secretly stopped taking her birth control, which is how Abigail came into the picture."

"Is this why he was never involved in my life?" Abigail inquired, clutching onto her purse. "Because of my mom's actions?"

"No," Mom retorted. "At first, he stayed, trying to make this new family of his work, but in the end, Sierra kept going out and partying, forgetting her responsibilities while leaving Derek to stay home and take care of Abigail even though she was the one who insisted on having Abigail in the first place."

"You're lying," Abigail snickered. "My mom has always been there for me! Since day one she has been there while Derek decided to abandon us."

"After Derek left," Mom corrected. "That was her fucking wake up call. That's why she became a fucking mother because if Derek hadn't left her I can guarantee you she wouldn't have given a shit about you. I still can't believe Sierra fed you all of these horrendous lies, which have made him look like a terrible father when she knows he tried to make it work. She pushed him away, not the other way around. Not to mention she forbid him from seeing you. She even made it look like I ruined her marriage, but that was all her!"

"It doesn't change the fact that he wasn't involved."

"That's where you're wrong Abigail," Mom sighed as Abigail and I looked at her in confusion. "He sent you letters every year after you turned five, but you never wrote back because Sierra hid them from you. He would send you gifts and tried to call your mother on multiple occasions to talk to you but she wouldn't allow it."

"In the end, his only hope was to see you when you'd turn eighteen to explain himself, but he wasn't able to so I will. How many times have I told you to listen to me? To your father and I's side of the story?"

"I know I made a mistake by keeping this a secret, especially after your father's passing, so I'll be heading home. I'll be leaving for Mexico first thing in the morning." Mom said, starting to walk out.

"At least she admitted to her wrongs." Abigail shrugged, trying to stay calm herself. "Cant say the same about my mother."

"I didn't want her leave. I just wanted her confirmation. It's not like I'm disowning her. This was my father's wrongdoing. Actually, not even, it's your mother's."

"Call her tomorrow, unless you want to catch up to her right now."

"No thanks, I just want to sleep. I've been feeling exhausted these past few days. I'll just call her in the morning."

"Ok, but are you sure you're feeling ok?"

"Yeah, I'm just tired all the time, but it's one of the side effects to the meds I'm taking."

"Alright, I'll be on my way then."

"Goodnight Abi."

"Goodnight Cata."

- ABIGAIL SOLACE -

"Why didn't you tell her the truth, Daniela? You had the opportunity to do so." I yelled out, trying to catch up with her, who was by now taking out her car keys.

I needed more answers.

"I did. I told her the truth about you. I told her the truth about what she asked me, not about what I would have brought up," She hissed, turning the car ignition on. "You even learned a few new things tonight so leave me the fuck alone."

"You know what I mean. You didn't tell her the truth about Derek and why he died, or should I say murdered by someone who was just inside that house with us?"

"I can't! It's took me years to cope with that concept. I still can't even wrap my head around it since it was happening right under my fucking nose. I know my daughter. Catalina won't take it as easy if she were to find out right now when she isn't mentally prepared." Daniela blurted out.

"Let her do it at her own pace, that's what you keep forgetting. She isn't like you, you both may share some of the same DNA but you have distinct personalities. You and Marcello need to get that through your fucking, shitty skulls!" She yelled out furiously.

"So I'm sorry that you didn't have a functioning family growing up and had a missing father figure from your life but don't try to ruin Catalina's just because you seek revenge against Derek and I. He's dead for Gods sake, let him Rest In Peace," she continued, this time sounding more calm. "Go after your mother. She's the real villain in this story."

"I'm not seeking revenge."

"Oh really? So forcing me to tell her the truth when we both know she's not ready just because you want it to ruin my relationship with her isn't being envious? People react to things differently, Abigail. Ever since you reached out to me when you were twenty one, you have done nothing but be rude to me. I'm sorry you think your father was a dick to you, but he wasn't, so don't try to take this anger you should have for your mother out on Catalina and I."

"Don't play the victim card, Daniela. We both know you're a manipulative bitch! You keep bringing up how you don't want to strain your mother-daughter relationship, but you forget that you did this to yourself when you didn't tell her immediately. And no, Catalina has nothing to do with this, I'll give you that, but she deserves to know, ready or not. My fight isn't with Cata, but rather with you."

Before I could continue saying anything else I got a call. "Ma?" I queried, answering the call.

"Abi, Bailey isn't feeling well. Ezekiel came over but we can't do anything to make her stop crying."

"I'll be on my way."

Hanging up, I looked back to see Daniela giving me a confused expression.

"You have a secret daughter or something?" She asked, grinning.

"No, it's my sister. She's not feeling well." I said before walking away.

Not looking back, it took everything in me to not have punched the bitch.

Yet, right now, Bailey was my main priority.

My only priority.