14: Explaining the Mess

- CATALINA E. SOLACE -

Christmas Day (Dec. 25)

It happened to be Christmas morning and never have I ever felt so stressed during this time of the year.

Not only was my mother coming, but Luca's parents and sister were coming as well.

In very few words, I was terrified. I'd be meeting his parents for the first time and we haven't even been dating for long.

Even Nathan and Penelope's parents were supposedly coming over for the holidays, but Penelope said she doubted it.

They never made time for them, even during the holidays.

Emilio's parents and little sister were coming as well. So you can understand my nervousness, which in my case, is an understatement.

I was running back and forth, trying to get all last minute details on our Christmas decorations done. On the other hand, Luca was laughing hysterically at me while telling me to calm down, but I couldn't. I had to make a good first impression.

Unfortunately, to my luck, the door bell rang. Already knowing who it was I began to internally panic.

"I'll get it," Luca shouted from down the hall. "Mom, Dad, Leila, please come in!"

Hearing him say that made me internally scream.

They're here.

Okay Cata, keep calm! You've got this, just don't trip on air.

"You must be Catalina, Luca's always talking about you, sweetheart! It's so nice to finally meet you!" Luca's mom said, sounding cheerful while extending her hand out for me to shake.

"Mom," Luca whined as his mom gave him a smile.

"It's a pleasure to meet you too, Mrs. Martinelli." I replied, returning the hand.

"No need for the formalities, dear. Call me Marcia."

"Alright, Marcia." I concurred, giving her a soft smile in return.

From what I could tell Marcia stood at five foot two if I was not mistaken, chestnut brown hair and honey brown eyes.

She may be in her early fifties but she did not look a day older than thirty. Her voice even sounded like her personality, which was sweet, soft, and soothing, surprisingly.

Glancing over at Marcello, who was standing right next to her, t I could tell Luca and Leila were an exact replica of him. They had his dark golden brown hair and beautiful blue eyes.

"She's pretty and nice. You've finally chosen a good human being." Leila commented, patting Luca's shoulder.

Walking to the living room, it was no surprise to see everyone running around.
As everyone was doing there own thing, our eyes fell upon Penelope and Jaxon who were bickering.
Of course, at first it was annoying but now it's just hilarious to watch.

"Penelope Martinelli, you do know your parents are coming, right? Stop with this childish behavior," Marcello demanded in an irritated tone. "You too, Jaxon. You should know better. You're both grown adults!"

"Zio (Uncle), you've forgotten they have never been present in my life nor Nathan's," Penelope snapped back at Marcello. "At this point I don't even know why they decided to have us if they weren't going to be present in their children's lives."

Giving Marcello a glance, I only wondered.

If looks could kill.

She'd be six feet under.