9: Oh Father

- CATALINA E. SOLACE -

Left
Right
Left
Right

Those two, short words were what kept echoing in my head in a never ending cycle.

Not soon after, a gunshot could be heard in the background.

"You can't run for much longer." A man yelled out from behind.

Yes I can!

Finding a bush nearby, I hid behind it after what seemed like forever.

Turning my back, the sight of him was gone. My heart was pounding so fast I thought it was going to pop out of my chest. That motherfucker could run, I should've joined the track team in high school.

Calming my racing heart, I scanned the view in front of me and didn't see him anymore — for good.

You may be asking what in the world just happened. Like planned, I stayed in the car and would only come out if necessary. What for?

Not sure, they just said to stay in the car and observe. Fucking dumbasses.

Just when I thought things would go smoothly, Nathan gets shot. I am no way near medically helpful, but I did pick up a few things while watching Rebecca work with her patients.

So with that piece of information, Luca sent me to help assist Nathan.

Stupid? I agree.

Nearing the group, the woman leading the group got one good look at me and had one of her goons trail after me.

I just ran because it was my natural instinct and it's how I ended up here.

I'll definitely be leaving the suggestion of adding a few running courses to my training when I get back.

Fuck my life.

- LUCA A. MARTINELLI -

Where the hell is she?

"Psst, pendejo. I'm over here." A voice whispered, which I instantly recognized.

Looking over my shoulder, I was able to spot Catalina kneeling behind some bushes.

"And you claim to be scared." I remarked sarcastically.

"In my defense I never said I was scared. I've done this before," she replied as I gave her a puzzled look. What did she mean by that? "Another story for another time, ok?"

"Did he manage to hurt you?"

"No just a few scratches that I got from the tree branches, but aside from that I'm good. You?"

"Nothing serious, just a few scratches as well."

"What happened after I ran? Is everyone else ok?"

"I don't know, I ran after you the minute he did too."

"Fuck," she groaned before taking notice of the injury sustained to her leg. "No wonder my leg felt like it was burning. Fuck these tree branches!"