Bonus 2: Truth Bomb Ignited (Part 3)

- CATALINA E. SOLACE -

Giving Luca a glance, I knew exactly what he was thinking.

"Get the twins and Bailey to the safe room!" Luca and I ordered at each other in unison.

"What? No, you do it!" We continued to say in sync.

"I'll do it, just shut up!" I shouted as he raised his hands in fake surrender.

Turning to face Penelope I pointed to Adalyn and Summer, who had been silently sobbing since the first set of bullets were fired.

"Get them to the safe room." I demanded as she gave me a nod and pulled Adalyn and Summer out of the dinning room.

"What about me?" Exclaimed Ariana.

"You will help me get my kids and Bailey to the safe room," I responded nonchalantly. "Unfortunately, you are the best we've got at the moment since you are the least intimidated by this shit compared to your girlfriend and best friend."

Grabbing Bailey from Abigail's arms, she gave me a perplexed look. "I'll take her to the safe room." I reassured her.

Giving me a hesitant nod, Abigail and Ezekiel left to deal with the mess coming from outside with Luca and Jaxon.

Handing Bailey to Ariana I pulled out my gun from my left boot and guarded them while we ran up to the twins nursery.

Grabbing them from their cribs, we ran downstairs to the library on the first floor.
Pushing back a bookcase, it revealed a confined-metal door.

Entering the six digits into the keypad it revealed a sobbing Summer and a worried Adalyn with no Penelope in sight, meaning Pen had already left to help with the chaotic mess going on outside.

"Look, I don't want to sound rude but the two of you need stop crying," I interrupted, giving Athena and Ares to Adalyn while Ariana gave Bailey to Summer. "I need you two to calm down and look after them. That means you two need to get your shit together."

"She's right, Sum," Adalyn said, letting out a deep breath while doing her best to rock both of my kids in her arms. "We have to look after them."

"Here," I commented, pulling out my gun and giving it to them. "I'm not saying someone will find you, but if they do, shoot them."

"W... what?" Adalyn muttered, sounding terrified.

"You heard me, red head. If I come back to see that they're in danger, I won't hesitate to fucking kill you. And I promise you, Adalyn, I will make it as slow and painful as I can."

I continued. "Understood?"

"Y... yes ma'am." Summer responded hesitantly.

"Good," I said, closing the metal doors on them.

"Was that really necessary?" Ariana asked.

"It my kids and niece we're talking about." I explained, taking out two Glock pistols from a nearby drawer.

"Here," I remarked, handing one to Ariana. "Let's get going."

•••••

"What took you so long?" Penelope asked, firing a few bullets. "I thought you got yourself killed."

"Well thanks for the boost of confidence," I muttered, letting three bullets fire. "I had to ensure my kids and Bailey were safe."

"Um, do I shoot?" Ariana interjected, sounding a bit hesitant.

"You brought her here? Are you crazy?" Penelope scolded me. "You know she's just a bystander in all of this."