13: A Friend of the Past

- CATALINA E. SOLACE -

"Emilio?" I blurted out, looking at him in disbelief.

"Catalina?" He responded, sounding just as surprised.

What the hell?

He seemed to be just as shocked as I was and by the looks of it, Luca didn't plan any of this.

"You two know each other?" Asked Luca.

"Yes, he's my best friend." I told him.

"I've missed you so much, dumbass!" I said with enthusiasm, running up to Emilio — giving him a hug.

"Same goes for you, stupid. I haven't talked to you in like what? Four months? It's been so long." He said, returning the hug.

"So does she know?" Luca asked Emilio.

"Yeah, she knows." Answered Emilio.

"Mr. Spanish Mafia." I said in a mocking tone, letting out a small chuckle.

Yeah, news flash.

Emilio ran the Spanish mafia.

Yippie!

"How come in our years of friendship have you never once mentioned Luca was your cousin, you little fuck? Especially after you told me about being part of the mafia yourself." I asked Emilio.

Luca laughed. "Oh this is going to be good."

"If you must know, I was going to tell you a few years ago, but my parents told me not to. You were already freaking out when I told you about running a fucking mafia. Imagine if I had told you about Luca around that time? They were worried you would end up telling everything to the authorities." Emilio explained.

"I wouldn't, you're like a brother to me." I defended myself.

"Well you didn't tell me about Luca either."

"I-"

"Exactly, thank you for proving my point," Emilio smirked. "Wait isn't today-"

"Yes," I sighed. "I have to go later today."

"Luca," Emilio said, turning to face him. "I'll be stealing Cata for a while."

"Why?"

"No questions, let's go!" Emilio shouted as he dragged me out of the manor before Luca could ask any further questions.

•••••

"So your mom got herself into a whole lot of trouble, little man," Emilio said while I fixed the flower bouquet near Christopher's grave. "Like a lot, ya know?"

My beautiful little boy who was taken way too early.

Christopher was born stillborn. When I first found out about my pregnancy, I was nervous. Especially since I was only twenty one when it all happened.

It was a time of confusion yet filled with beautiful memories... until it all crumbled in the end.

After everything, I made sure to come every month, making sure his place was never left unattended.