Chapter 12

When I got back I when straight to the back of the school. Where the river is at. That's the only place I could think of him being. I spotted him laying down under the tree and started to pick the red rose out of the bouquet and approach him. Before I could get too close I saw Elisabeth. He sat up and smiled at her.

I didn't feel upset or jealous. I felt- happy that he was happy. Maybe I didn't like him. That might be for the better anyways, feelings aren't really my thing. I found myself smiling softly. I still need to apologize though. I thought looking down at the rose in my hand.

"I know you are over there." He said once Elisabeth was gone. I awkwardly came out from behind the tree, with the roses behind my back.

"I wanted to apologize." I said approaching him.

"You've ignored me for what feels like an eternity and now you want to apologize?" He says coolly.

"Well a week..." he gives me a look, "But it doesn't matter. I was wrong and I'm so so so sorry." I bowed to him.

"Why'd you do it?" He asked, his icy voice melting.

"Well I don't know. I was running away from my problems." I mumble meeting his eyes.

"I'm the problem?" He asked pointing at himself confused.

"No No! I thought hanging out with you was bringing me problems with my fiancé and yours." I reply.

"I missed you though." I mumbled again fiddling with the rose behind my back.

"W-well I'm still upset." He replied.

"And that's completely understandable! I don't expect you to forgive me, but maybe you could er think about it?" I asked holding the red rose to him. After a while of being in a bowed down position and the rose not being taken I look up. Leon was standing there with a bright red face and his hand finally shakily taking the rose.

"I guess I can't stay mad at you forever." He mumbles and holds his arms out to me.

"What are you doing?" I ask looking at his pose.

"Just come here." He says huffing. I nod and cautiously approach him. Once I was close enough he wrapped his arms around me. I wrapped my arms around him and patted him on the back. I didn't stay in his arms for too long as I pushed him away gently.

"Friends?" I smiled sticking my hand out.

"Friends." He confirmed and shook my hand.

-

By the time I got back to my room it was dark. When I opened the door I was greeted by Colette who stood there with puppy dog eyes , pleading.

"Sooooooo how'd it go???" She asked me while I sprawled out on my bed.

"A lot better than I expected." I replied cuddling one of my pillows.

"So what'd you do and how'd you do it?" She continued to ask.

"Well I went into town. That's why it took me so long."

"Why'd you go into town?"

"To get some flowers."

"Ooo what kinddddd?"

"Roses! Speaking of..." I trail off and sit up and reaching over to the floor I picked up the three yellow roses I had left.

"This one is for you." I smiled and picked one to give it to her.

"Aw Jody!" She squealed.

"This means we are true friends!"