Chapter Three: First Day of Pretending

Chaeyoung rushes to enter the office, panting heavily.

"Chaeyoung?" JYP calls as he notices Chaeyoung.

She raises her hand, as if indicating that she's fine. She immediately sits up, as if nothing happened, ignoring the blazing stare of the person she hates.

" What's up? " She says, breaking the peaceful atmosphere.

" The sky " JYP makes a futile gesture of making everyone laugh. The atmosphere was quiet, so quiet that you can literally add cricket noises to it.

" Okay, i know that was not funny anyways, the messages were convincing which is good, anyways I both sent you here so we can start the act. " He said.

The two listened carefully, Chaeyoung deciding if she should ask the question that has been bothering her now.

" Chaeyoung, I think you're dying to ask me a question... so go on " JYP says as she notices the fumbling of Chaeyoung's fingers as if she was dying to asks.

" It came to my mind, what if uhm, in the middle of the five months, one of us seems to get tired of this, play, uhm, can we stop the pretending or...? " She asks.

She accidentally glances at Mina's side, the latter was giving her a what-the-fuck-are-you-doing look.

She understands the girl since they haven't started yet and she's here, planning to end it already.

" Once again, nice question, but yes, you can, all you have to do is to meet me in here since I'll be here 24/7 " JYP says, smiling at Chaeyoung.

" Oh and uh Papa J, Can I meet you here whenever I'm done composing one song, is that okay? " Chaeyoung asks.

" Yes, oh and the staff are preparing your song already " He says, before giving more instructions to the girls. Turn out, there was a car waiting for them outside, and the staff already informed PD-nim that there were paparazzis waiting for them.

When the talk was done, Chaeyoung waits for Mina outside. " What was that? " A voice asks her, she turns to her side, only to see the Great Myoui Mina. " What was what? " she asks as she leans on a wall, crossing her arms.

/ Damn, why does she looks hot / Mina thought as she shakes her head, erasing it.

" The question? " She asks. Chaeyoungs shrugs, not wanting to answer.

" Whatever " The latter mumbles as she rolls her eyes.

" Let's go? " Chaeyoung asks softly, Mina nods walking side by side with Chaeyoung.
When they almost reach the front gate, Chaeyoung intertwines their hands. Mina on the other hand, was surprised by the latter's bold action.

When they exit the building, flashes of cameras were everywhere, paparazzis bombarding them with questions. Mina's hand grips Chaeyoung's as they walk through the pathway. They were about to enter the car when one question made Chaeyoung turn around,

" What did you say? " She asks, holding herself from punching the person.

" Why are you dating a slut...? " The person asks again, a hint of nervousness in his tone.

" Why you- " Chaeyoung is about to punch the person when a hand stops her. She looks at the person, " Babe, just leave him alone, he's not worth it " Mina says, smiling at her with a hint of pleading in her tone.

Chaeyoung glares at him, before entering the car. " You know you were about to ruin your reputation if I didn't stop you " says Mina, initiating a conversation.