Chapter Thirty-five: Telling The Truth to Friends

I am not in the right state of mind while writing this so I hope you forgive me for grammatical and typographical errors

-_-_-SON CHAEYOUNG'S POV-_-_-

I'm nervous. Do you want to know why? I'm about to tell them the truth. They deserve to know. The publicity relationship, the feelings, the reason why I'm ignoring Mina.

I prepared a little snack for them to eat, despite my bruised knuckles, I eventually tried to cook. Today's the first day I get to be alone since the agreement. I just hope Mina forgives me and come back.

I carefully place the snacks when I heard the doorbell. I look at my living room, checking to see if there is a mess when I confirmed that there wasn't, I hurriedly walk towards the door, carefully turning the knob.

" Hey guys, " I greet, giving them side-hugs, trying not to let them accidentally touch my knuckles, giving them a half-smile, even though clearly I didn't want to smile.

I scoot to my left, letting them enter one by one, closing it when the last person finally entered. When I turn around, I already saw Yuqi and Shuhua arguing about a snack while Soyeon shakes her head in disappointment. The scene in front of me made me chuckle.

" Guys, break it up, I still have some in here, " I say as I walk towards the kitchen, realizing they were fighting over the Fererro Rochet. I search through my refrigerator, slowly picking it up, nudging the refrigerator's door with my butt to close it as I walk back to where the girls are.

I carefully hand it to Yuqi as I saw Shuhua started to eat it, chuckling I made my way towards the couch across them. " Are you guys comfortable? " I ask them as I cross my legs. They all nod as they watch me carefully.

Soyeon raises her hand politely, making me smile as I nod at her, " What happened to your hand? " This question made everyone turn their head towards me as their eyes fix on my injured knuckles. Ugh, I hate getting so much attention.

I look at my knuckles before looking at them, taking a deep breath. " Me and Mina had an argument, being my stupid ass self, I punched the wall in anger, " I explain as they all look like they are trying to understand the situation.

Tzuyu was about to ask, but I already know what she's going to ask so I immediately cut her off, "It was my fault, she was worried and was trying to make me open up to her and... " I took a deep breathe as I tried my best not to get teary-eyed, " ...things just went wrong, " I ended with a reassuring fake smile.

Tzuyu looks at me, " I didn't know you had an ability to read people's mind, unnie, " she says, clearly making the tension to lessen a bit and it worked. I chuckle as they all laugh at her way of joking. I shake my head as I look at my shorts, fiddling with it.

" Do you...have something else, " Tzuyu continues, I look at her as they all stared back at me, "...in mind? " At this moment, I am a hundred percent sure to tell them about these feelings and of course the public relation that we agreed secretly.

" I do, Uhm, I- we... " I stuttered, I used Ashley Tisdale's technique from High School Musical to calm my ass. " Me and Mina... " I am now hyperventilating, nervous of their reactions.

It is obvious that the suspense is killing them, seeing all them wearing the same expression, eyebrow raised, hands clasp together as they wait for me. " We are not actually dating, " I finally say, closing my eyes, hating to see their reactions.

The atmosphere suddenly becomes quiet that I swear I imagine I was the only one living in this world. I open my left eye to see their own reactions, only to see them looking at each other, seeming like they are communicating through telepathy. If that's even possible.