VIP cinema (pt. 1)

Lisa

"Come on, Jisooni. Not that. Can't we just go on a regular one instead?" I whined.

Jisoo, along with our other friend and well, her girlfriend Rosie, are in front of a movie ticket booth deciding on what movie to watch. They both wanted to see this horror film and it's being shown in one of the VIP cinemas. You know what that means? I may get to share a lover's lazyboy seat with a random person, which is well, not exactly something I look forward to.

"I don't wanna watch it on VIP. One, the seats are a two-seater ones which would be weird if I shared with someone I don't know. It's called a lover's seat for a reason. Two, I don't like rubbing elbows with them. Three, that person may mistake MY drink as his or hers. Four -" my short friend held her hand up, making me stop blabbering.

"Lisa, except for the 2-seater lazyboy, pretty much every argument you mentioned can be said the same for a regular cinema, you know?", she countered shaking her head with a slight chuckle. She continued, "besides, how sure are you that someone will sit beside you? Maybe it won't be a full house".

Maybe she's right. But still. This is frustrating! Just because these lovebirds don't know how it feels since they'll be seated together, hold hands, get clingy and overall get disgustingly cute while watching. I heave a sigh, knowing I will not get away with this one. I looked up, closed my eyes in frustration, heaved a heavier sigh and turned to them, ready to accept my defeat.

"Fine. But you two have to pay for my ticket since I'm not willing to spend money for something that I know will not be worth my while". I stated crossing my arms with a pout and letting them know that I am not pleased with all these.

"Deal!" The couple exclaimed. Rosie then went towards me and hooked her left arm with my right and dragged me to the snack bar, "Come on, Monkey. Let's check out the snacks."

-

We entered the theatre and got instantly greeted by the cool air and a background music, I think Ed Sheeran was playing. I felt a slight shiver and thanked my hoodie for shielding me from the cold. I'm wearing a black hoodie with a print of baby me with my dad. Rosie had it made for me as a birthday gift.

As we walk the dark hallway of soundproof walls, I started praying that I will have the seats to myself. Don't get me wrong, I don't hate people in general. I just would rather watch a movie in peace and save me and whoever will be seated with me, the awkwardness of sharing seats. I like my space. I only watch movies with friends.

As we made our turn and saw the theatre, I noticed that there's not much people yet inside, except for one person wearing a yellow hoodie

As we made our turn and saw the theatre, I noticed that there's not much people yet inside, except for one person wearing a yellow hoodie. I checked the time and we're like 15mins early before the movie starts. I guess that's why.

"Here you go, Lis. We will be seated behind you so don't worry. We got your back." Jisoo snickered and handed me my movie ticket. 'E7'. Alrighty then.

The two walked up the stairs with me following close behind, keeping watch of the blue-lit seat number seen on the aisle floor, keeping watch of the person if he or she is seated somewhere near mine. I gulped at the thought that maybe hoodie person will be a seatmate. If that happens, I really am the most unlucky person to ever walked this planet 'coz out of all the seats here, hoodie person chose that one. I'm pretty sure that's on purpose because when we bought the tickets, it was empty. I can only sigh at the thought.

'Get a grip, Lis. It's just one movie. Will you act normally for once and let not your introversion get in the way?' I internally screamed at myself.

Moving on, hoodie person is getting nearer in my periphery, so I looked below and focused on the seat numbers. "C, D, E.......... 5, 6, 7" I looked and lo and behold, there's hoodie person seated beside my seat. I checked again my ticket, wishing and willing it to change but it's really happening. I mentally facepalmed myself and looked over to Chaesoo who are already gushing and giggling, probably over a lame joke told by Jisoo. I gave them an annoyed look then turned to pleading ones but they just shrugged their shoulders and mouthed 'hwaiting' bringing their fists up in the air. I'm never gonna be their thirdwheel on movie dates ever.

"Uhm, excuse me. Is it alright if I sit here?" I tried asking the person but got no response as this one is looking down and noticed he/she is reading a book. Who reads books inside the cinema? But then there's a small table lamp on the side, making it a little conducive. 'Guess that will work'. I'm trying not to make this anymore uncomfortable for him/her, too. I haven't figured out if it's a boy or a girl because of the hood, keeping the identity hidden.

"Excuse me." I say again, a little louder this time. She looked up. Yes, she. Hoodie person is a girl.

I am then met by gorgeous cat-like eyes wearing specs.

'Is she for real'?

I had to blink a few times just to see. She had smooth, porcelain skin, cute button nose, pink shiny lips and when she smiled, a gummy one with pearly white teeth, I forgot to breathe for a few seconds. She's breathtakingly beautiful. I think I may have developed an instant crush.

'Crush at first sight? Is that a thing?'

"Oh, I'm sorry. Were you saying something?", she said while pulling her earphones by the cord and fixing her specs by pushing it up from the nose.

"I uhm..... I just want to ask if it's okay if I sit here? Uhm, my ticket is E7", I pulled out and showed her my movie ticket, "but if you don't want to share seats, it's cool. I'll just try to ask the staff if I can switch". I internally grumbled at what I just said. Why wouldn't it be? It's my seat after all. I paid for it, well, my friends did, but that's beside the point. Maybe her whole being is making me insecure and I feel like I don't deserve to be anywhere near her, much more be seated beside her.

She furrowed her eyebrows in confusion, like what I just said is the most ridiculous thing in the world.

"Why wouldn't I be okay with it? It's not like I own this place or something. Go ahead" she said with a small laugh. She glanced at me and then at the seat, signalling me to sit down.

Oh boy. This is gonna be harder than I thought.

A.N.
This is my first ever written story. I hope you guys would enjoy it. ▪J