Lovely Rosé (pt. 1)

Music has the power to make one forget about anything and everything, letting the words and melody calm the most inner of thoughts.

That's exactly what music does to this particular blonde woman.

It's a lazy Sunday morning and the autumn chill has started to make its presence felt, making people want to sleep in and just cozy up in bed, relishing the cool climate yet kept warm under the sheets.

But Park Chaeyoung is not one of those people. Wearing a black wool jacket, royal blue crop top hoodie with black undergarments, jeans and Nike sneakers, she was happily skipping the streets of Mapo-gu with one purpose and one purpose alone: to go to her favorite record store, "JL" Record.

The tall Korean has always been into music, and lately she's found herself collecting LP records.

As she reached the place, she removed her jacket and roamed her eyes at the roomful of records, wide-eyed like a kid in a candy store, not knowing where to begin.

She settled on the first stack of LP records, thumbing on each album she sees, finding something or certain artists that might spark her interest.

She took out one record, TLC, and squealed in excitement. She proceeded to look on the other shelves, thumbing and contemplating which ones to listen to and buy.

She stumbled upon a record she has been looking for for quite some time now and felt lucky enough to come across it this time: The Beatles' Sgt. Pepper Lonely Hearts Club Band.

Her heart screamed in delight at that, heart-eyes if one can see them, knowing this is probably a rare find yet she has her hands on it. She continued looking for other records on the shelves, picking up albums of Ed Sheeran, Adele, Elvis Presley and such. The woman has quite a taste in music.

She went on to the playing area with an LP player on display, where one can play the records they wanted to give a listen to.

She put on the Adele record and 'All I Ask' started playing. She placed her other chosen records on top of a shelf nearby and started listening.

Head nodding, eyes closed, humming to the melody, tapping one foot in sync with the beat, and occasional swaying. All care thrown out the window and just completely lost in the world of music, not giving a damn about everything around her.

Little did she know that a young woman in her army-green blazer, black tights and leather booths with a beanie to match was lurking around her area, looking for something.

The woman in sight is also in search of a particular record of a certain band as she was specifically told about it and when she saw the glimpse of the album art in the pile of records on top of the shelf, she knew she found what she was looking for

The brunette woman immediately went towards the shelf and rummaged the pile of records, eyeing the album art that screams colors and a bunch of people drawn in it. She grasped the record with both hands and lifted it, levelling her eye, reading "The Beatles, Sgt. Pepper Lonely Hearts Club Band". 'Great! Must be my lucky day', the woman thought.

She kept grinning at the record infront of her, eyes sparkling as if she found something as precious as gold when suddenly she heard the blonde screaming her way, giving her heart a fright.

"Yah! That's mine!". The tall Korean trudged her way towards the 5'4" brunette, towering her, attempting to make herself seem intimidating but the smaller of the two just clicked her tongue in annoyance and countered, "Tsk. Says who?".

"I do! Didn't you see that pile of records? Those are mine. I put them aside while I was playing back one." she bit back.

"Oh. Did you pay for them already?" lifting one brow up, the other woman continued to challenge.

Taken aback by that remark with eyes turned from glowering to a cowering one, Chaeyoung stammered in response," N-not yet. But I was going to. Those pile of LP records are my already chosen ones. I was going to pay for them".

With a smirk, the other Korean responded, "That's what I thought. Well then technically, this is not yours. You haven't paid for it. If you only held on to it or kept it close to you, nobody would have taken it from you".

The blonde was close to tears, tears of both anger and frustration, "But I saw that first! Please. I've been looking for that album for months. This is the only time I saw them having a copy", she pleaded, almost trying to reach for the LP record but the other just moved it further beyond her reach.

"Well, tough luck. I have it now. Do you have any idea how much I needed to get a copy of this? That's right. You don't. So get over it and stop harassing me, woman". The brunette growled.

"This is unfair!"

"All's fair in love and buying-The-Beatles'-album, dear." With that, the lady walked towards the counter and paid for her purchase, leaving the blonde stunned and depressed.

Chaeyoung heaved a heavy sigh and collected her remaining LP records, and paid for them right away, too afraid that another person might want to take away one of them records. She put on her coat and left the record store.

The once skipping, happy kid has now turned to a shoulder-slumped, shoe-dragging woman walking along the narrow streets of Mapo-gu in this autumn Sunday morning.

She pulled out her phone and sent a text to someone she knows might be able to turn this day around.

'Monkey, where are you? I need you. Let's eat Pho for lunch. :('

A. N:
As promised, here's a Chaesoo story for you all, with a little bit of Jenlisa fluff. Thanks for reading. :) ▪J